Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

nice post

1 sound
    2 posts

On Point!!!
    For that reason, during all sacred native ceremonies, they won't allow any cameras because "spirits don't like it" or sacred stuff is not meant to be captured! Also whenever there is a magic moment and you reach for camera, often it fails to work! Maybe cuz magic is meant to be captured with you eyes only <3

146 sounds
    199 posts

I can agree and understand the concept. There is magic in every corner of the lives we inhabit. Unless someone is going to pat me down, I might well sneak a small recorder into a ceremony that would rather I not do so. This is not out of blatant disrespect; although I fully admit it might well be considered so depending on who is witness to it. Rightly (or possibly very wrongly) I decided years ago that I would try to record these types of events, and take the consequences upon myself. I don't necessarily prescribe to the 'Steal the soul' concept, but perhaps the Native populations are talking about a similar recording alters reality concept as this thread started with. I admit I would feel more shame if I thought the recorder brought the session down than if someone simply told me not to do it. For me myself, the magic of a recording and the magic of a sacred ceremony are very close in nature and should not mutually exclude.

Even in the context of this thread, I have not said I NEVER get the good bits when I need them, but all good bits take patience. There is no doubt that expectations need to be maintained to a minimum and allow the process time to work.

The theory still stands as it were, but I documented it such that I wanted to stir up discussion. And I am way glad it did that in the end.

0 sounds
    1 post

There are a lot information .. I don't read this text

305 sounds
    2 posts

Hi- when i was growing upward (as opposed to outward) we just called it "Murphy's Law".....anything that can possibly go wrong, will. That along with Hobson's Choice (take or leave it) sums up the human condition...lol

less is more. more or less.