Forums

5 posts

2064 sounds
    2234 posts
    Music piece

A bit unusual for me, I have been working on multiple music pieces simultaneously - although very slowly...

This one involves multiple crazy experiments (which I will not go into), but basically a sad melody developed and then I needed some nostalgic words to go with it. - That is where Freesound came in

Here is the result:
    https://soundcloud.com/alienxxx/homesick

I want to believe.
    328 sounds
    2830 posts

This is a really nice piece. I'm wondering what inspired this creation of yours. Care to divulge?

Also it's great to hear Roses in the context of a music track, I always wondered what it would be like and now I wonder no more, it's wonderful. Fits the mood perfectly.

Great work Alien

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

The Freesound Team
    2064 sounds
    2234 posts

Hello Headphaze

I set myself a challenge to create a music piece using certain tools (which are not relevant to this discussion, so won't go into that). The mellody that developed in the process was very nostalgic - just happened, was not my intention.
    So I went with it and decided to turn it into a nostalgic piece.

Roses has lots of spoken word samples here at Freesound, and I thought if I could get the right words to go with the mood of the song it would really make an impact.

The song was not fully done, and I did not have a particular theme in mind - just wanted the mood to be melancholic.
    As I listened to a few vocal samples, I picked a few words and sentences. I stumbled across the word "home" - and it all clicked!
    Got a few more words and short expressions on that theme and - presto!

I want to believe.
    2165 sounds
    1141 posts

Great work Alian!!

To hear, you first have to listen
    328 sounds
    2830 posts

It's always nice that moment when things "click".

Anyway, please do share the others when you've finished. I'll be interesting to listen.

Cheers

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

The Freesound Team

5 posts