Forums

11 posts

0 sounds
    3 posts
    Need loud audience single clap - ie. Queen We will Rock u

I tried putting a few 'single claps' together but it sounded weak. Anyone have a sample of an audience doing a single clap?
    Thanx...

Danthepianoman
    368 sounds
    257 posts

Maybe this one?

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=98936

2298 sounds
    2017 posts

juskiddink
    Maybe this one?

http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=98936

Variants here, (original at either end).

[A bit too much noise reduction on the otherwise excellent original ]

368 sounds
    257 posts

[A bit too much noise reduction

Timbre,just talking tech for a moment,i am curious to know how you reached this conclusion?
    Noise reduction is the one thing i'm most sceptical about in software-9 times out of 10 it just sounds unnatural and the most noise i can remove is so small that it makes little improvement on the original.I get better results with eq (cuts,boosts,roll-off etc)...but all this will just be cosmetic if the original is noisy.
    There's just no substitute for clean recordings!

2298 sounds
    2017 posts

juskiddink
    [A bit too much noise reduction

Timbre,just talking tech for a moment,i am curious to know how you reached this conclusion?

Lugholes : If you listen to my before-after above you can hear the difference, particularly when the table is banged,
    (copies of your original are at either end).

The NR produces unnatural changes in the sound spectrum: sounds somewhat like playing sound in reverse.

368 sounds
    257 posts

What did you do?

2298 sounds
    2017 posts

juskiddink
    What did you do?

Chorus: (layer several slightly pitch-shifted copies slightly out-of-sync ).

368 sounds
    257 posts

Thanks i'm just keen to learn.....so chorus then.....no compression?

I heard your varients last night and thought especially the last one sounded fuller-chorus seems a good choice.

.....but it's your own lugholes playing tricks if you think there's a denoise issue here...i could explain but i doubt your interest.

7 sounds
    26 posts

danthepianoman
    Anyone have a sample of an audience doing a single clap?

Hi Dan
    Will this one do?

http://drop.io/hidden/ceycngy9dmrdvo/asset/c2luZ2xlLWNsYXAtMS13YXY%3D

pj

0 sounds
    3 posts

That doesn't sound too bad, I have a recording I am trying to find that has a whole audience doing one clap. it is thunderous...but I must find it first! This one needs some eq. I'm going to putz around with it. I'll post the other one if I find it!
    Dan

Danthepianoman
    0 sounds
    3 posts

That doesn't sound too bad, I have a recording I am trying to find that has a whole audience doing one clap. it is thunderous...but I must find it first! This one needs some eq. I'm going to putz around with it. I'll post the other one if I find it!
    Dan

Danthepianoman

11 posts