Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    2 posts
    what programs you running?

So i just joined the community, hi all! For some time i have been playing with the idea of making, beats for fun and to get a bit more creative. So i downloaded "Magix Music Maker", but im not sure whether or not the program is any good for a beginner, im not ready to throw money around yet since im still finding my ground, but any reviews or recommendations for better options?

Thanks in advance!

181 sounds
    54 posts

For beats I would recommend FL Studio.
    Fast sampling and Easy to use drum computers.

16 sounds
    2 posts

Have you taken a look at "Cakewalk"?

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Formerly the "SONAR" Daw software is an award winning sound mixing software that was made free for download about a year or two ago. I was using it recently to mix sound effects that delivers good quality.

Not sure what OS you're using, but Cakewalk is for Windows only for the moment, however Cakewalk has a number of cool features that you could utilize, including:

VST3 and ARA support,
    Studio Quality Effects and instruments,
    Built in Video Player for Soundtrack/Sound Effects Mixing,
    MIDI Support,

and my favorite feature: SURROUND SOUND.

Yes you can mix surround sound channels for music or videos.

You will definitely be able to make music using Cakewalk and once again it is free to download, as in 100% FREE. So save that money for something else-while.

There may be a potential learning curve to figure out how to use the software, but its pretty easy to catch up and understand by experimentation and looking up tutorial videos.

Take a look at Cakewalk if you have the chance:
    https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

P.S. I almost forgot you can also make loops in Cakewalk too. Instruments, drums, or samples. Just an FYI.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Thanks i'll be looking into it!

4 posts