Forums

6 posts

722 sounds
    19 posts
    CC0 audio test signal collection?

Is there a good, maybe even widely used CC0 audio test signal collection available?

I'm looking for something with a wide variety of sources (including speech, instruments, etc.), but under a CC0 license in order to be able to potentially share test recordings etc. without any worries.

Thanks for the help,
    cabled_mess

328 sounds
    2779 posts

It's hard to know what you mean by "audio test signal"; it's a bit ambiguous considering you're looking for various types of recordings. A signal test is usually a synthesised tone.

However, I ran a quick search with a CC0 filter and came up with this:
    https://freesound.org/search/?q=audio+test&f=license%3A%22Creative+Commons+0%22&s=score+desc&advanced=0&g=1

I would recommend you try to source the sounds individually using search terms that are relevant to you. Add a license filter to the search from the right hand side of the search page.

Keep an eye on any packs that sounds might be in, you may find a collection that is suitable.

good luck

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

722 sounds
    19 posts

Looking for something similar to this (doesn't need to be as long):

The EBU SQAM CD
    https://tech.ebu.ch/publications/sqamcd

I thought, maybe some university or other institution could have compiled a similar collection,
    but with a CC0 license.

328 sounds
    2779 posts

cabled_mess wrote:
    Looking for something similar to this (doesn't need to be as long):

The EBU SQAM CD
    https://tech.ebu.ch/publications/sqamcd

I thought, maybe some university or other institution could have compiled a similar collection,
    but with a CC0 license.

Not that i'm aware of, but it's possible it could be out there.

This might be the perfect opportunity for you to make a collection similar to this one using public domain sounds from Freesound. wink

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

722 sounds
    19 posts

Headphaze wrote:
    This might be the perfect opportunity for you to make a collection similar to this one using public domain sounds from Freesound. wink

Hope I can avoid that solution... smile

2 sounds
    47 posts

cabled_mess wrote:
    Is there a good, maybe even widely used CC0 audio test signal collection available?
    I'm looking for something with a wide variety of sources (including speech, instruments, etc.), but under a CC0 license in order to be able to potentially share test recordings etc. without any worries.

I'm surprised such a thing doesn't exist yet!

This isn't everything you're asking for, but it might be a start: I made an audio CD a long, long time ago which had sine waves from 1 to 99 Hz on tracks 1 to 99 so you could pick the frequency very easily with a CD player. (I was playing with non-newtonian fluids and needed to be able to dial in the vibration exactly.)

Also, the SoX program comes with scripts (testtones.sh, testcd.sh) that generate more general test signals. I could post them here as packs, if people wanted.

6 posts