Forums

5 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    Do you recomend Audacity?

Is Audacity the best free software to edit audio or there is any other more?

Không chỉ là nơi được những khách hàng buôn sỉ, đại lý shop, đại lý bán hàng online,…tin dùng để lấy sỉ. Chúng tôi cũng đang nổi lực để xây dựng và phát triển chuỗi hệ thống cửa hàng quần áo trẻ em AN TOÀN dành cho trẻ em Việt Nam.
    2070 sounds
    1125 posts

Audacity is good. Many tutorial videos on youtube. I use it for years now.

To hear, you first have to listen
    2287 sounds
    2010 posts

thoitrangbaby wrote:
    Is Audacity the best free software to edit audio or there is any other more?

Like Audacity, Ocenaudio is free & multi-platform, but it doesn't do multi-track editing.
    http://lifehacker.com/ocenaudio-is-a-free-fast-streamlined-audio-editor-1613058759

More freebies ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_software_for_audio#Recording_and_editing

62 sounds
    163 posts

Do I recommend Audacity? isn't Audacity something everybody has?

14 sounds
    1 post

I've used Audacity for years. If you need something that's free, powerful, and does a good job, download it. I only have a couple of complaints.

One is that edits are destructive(ish): once applied the only way to change them is to undo and re-apply. You can't, say, put in a high-pass filter and go back later to tweak the cutoff. You have to back up in your history and then re-apply the filter with different settings.

Another is that it's got one of the easiest setups for ripple editing, except that there's no way to do a cross-fade unless you go in manually to each side of the cut and put it in yourself. It works, but it's more than a little clumsy.

The rest are pretty minor. And all things considered, it's crazy powerful for a free tool. When I first started using it I kept downloading other programs to do a specific thing, like spectral editing. Each time I did I'd later find out Audacity already had that feature built-in. It's well worth downloading and exploring.

Tom

5 posts