Forums

2064 sounds
    2223 posts

Yes, you get an automated email from Freesound when you receive a comment.

This is not like Facebook or social media where people instantly comment on photos, etc.
    Think of this as being in it for the 'long run'. You sometimes get some really nice comments on sounds that you uploaded years ago.

The downloads that really count are when people come here looking for ONE sound (or more) for their project. They are looking for specific sounds: a gunshot, a scream, the sound of water, piano chords... whatever.
    Those purpose downloads are the ones that are more likely to end up in a real project.

So, yeah, you build up your portfolio of sounds then suddenly one day you are surprised to find an email. Someone posted a comment "This is what I needed for my project. Thanks". Or even "I used your sound here: ..." and a link to their music, film, etc.

I want to believe.
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Cheers,

Yes, that would be good if the user posted a link to the piece of work in which they used the downloaded music material for. I would be interesting to see how another person might use something I created. I only really ever think about JAZZ but most people would probably use the audio in a totally different context, and if it works for them then that's great!

Paul

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Hi,

Within the IMAGE representation of the Wav files as displayed on members 'Sample Pack' files etc, what do the different colours (ie. red, blue and yellow) signify please?

Ta,

Paul

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
    2064 sounds
    2223 posts

See if you can figure it out listening and looking at this.
    https://www.freesound.org/people/Timbre/sounds/162909/

I want to believe.
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Ok, cheers.

I thought it was just random shading but I can see it is deliberate and representative.

Paul.

73 sounds
    88 posts

Hi,

I received some 'comments' on my uploads this week! wink

Ta,

Paul