Forums

13 posts

73 sounds
    88 posts
    RE: Newbie Howdy!

Hi folks,

I just joined this site last night and so I thought I would make a quick introduction before I get around to posting some UPLOADS later in the year; as well as posing some questions to the community.

Thanks very much indeed,

Paul David Seaman
    (United Kingdom)

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
    328 sounds
    2815 posts

Hello Paul

Welcome aboard

I suggest you have a quick look through the FAQ before posing any questions

http://www.freesound.org/help/faq/

Have fun!

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

77 sounds
    104 posts

A warm welcome to you Paul!
    i hope you will enjoy your time here.

Best regards,

Sandermotions

73 sounds
    88 posts

Thanks very much indeed Sandermotions!

I was wondering if anyone would actually reply or not! lol

I actually posted this thread when I joined a couple of days ago, but I think ever newbies first post gets checked by a moderator before it is published? Hence this only appeared this afternoon.

Ta,

Paul

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Hi Headphaze,

Gee, that's a long list on that page! lol But thanks anyway.

I wrote an INTRO and OUTRO for my friends You_Tube channel and he recommended me to join this site. I was not aware of this to be honest (nor anything similar). I vowed last year not to join anymore forums, but here I am again . . . ! lol

Ta,

Paul

328 sounds
    2815 posts

monsterjazzlicks wrote:
    I vowed last year not to join anymore forums, but here I am again . . . ! lol

Well voices are always welcome here because it's not the most bustling forum, i suppose the community is busy recording as opposed to typing.

73 sounds
    88 posts

Cheers Phazed Head!

Well last year I seemed to get into so many stupid petty forum arguments that I got totally sick of it all to be honest mate. Many forums seem to be a breeding ground for self-appointed-experts, who, in actually, have never even done a single gig in their life and/or able to produce music of even an acceptable level.

But this site seems quite different in what it has to offer. I mean in the sense that: a client is requesting a unique piece of music/FX, and a musician/technician is providing this service. (It's a bit more creative than sitting around arguing that male vocalists are better than females ones!).

Best,

Paul

328 sounds
    2815 posts

monsterjazzlicks wrote:
    Cheers Phazed Head!

Well last year I seemed to get into so many stupid petty forum arguments that I got totally sick of it all to be honest mate. Many forums seem to be a breeding ground for self-appointed-experts, who, in actually, have never even done a single gig in their life and/or able to produce music of even an acceptable level.

But this site seems quite different in what it has to offer. I mean in the sense that: a client is requesting a unique piece of music/FX, and a musician/technician is providing this service. (It's a bit more creative than sitting around arguing that male vocalists are better than females ones!).

Well I can assure you that this place is not like that at all, because many of the users are just casual audiophiles with nothing to prove other than their dedication for experimenting and providing sounds free for a community. It's strangely serene and somewhat placid here; a gentle and welcoming atmosphere. Kind of the opposite from a darwinian culture.

Freesound is more about sharing sounds and not about sharing opinions so the level of self-righteousness is very low here. Please bear in mind that this site is not really about clients requesting services as you put it, it's much more than that. We do have a sample request sub-forum but I'd hardly call the people requesting there "clientele", maybe metaphorically ha! grin

Note the Dare the Community sub-forum. It's a section for people who want to get involved with what we call "dares", which is basically a joint effort in creating something to a brief, sort of like a contest, but where everyone is a winner. If that interests you then please check it out.

Well, I hope you enjoy your stay, and look forward to your first uploads.

73 sounds
    88 posts

Phazed,

"Darwinian culture"! lol Yes, everyone arguing that if you don't own a MAC BOOK PRO then you are not a proper musician!

Well as I say, my mate suggested I join this site as a refreshing alternative to many of the other (pointless) forums I have participated in over the past few years. He wanted me to make a couple of You_Tube IN/OUT's for him and because SOUNDS speak clearer than WORDS, he sent me a LINK to a couple of UPLOADS on here to give me an idea of the flavour of what he required. And it was a massive help because I literally started both tunes with 30 x seconds of hearing the two FREESOUND demonstrations. Anyway, what I am getting at is that I was very impressed with this site and it has stuck in the back of my mind for the last 3 or four months.

There are a couple of specific things I would like to do on here but it may not be til around June coming that I actually have the time to make a move. I have other (musical) commitments until then.

Best,

Paul

77 sounds
    104 posts

If you realy want to feel the atmosphere here, you play some pacefull nature sounds when you wander this forum!

Enjoy!!

73 sounds
    88 posts

Thanks Sandermotions,

I might post a separate thread this evening as there is something (Cubase/WAV-wise) I am a little stuck on currently. I posted this on a couple of other forums and so if the advice does not work then I will probably open the discussion up here on Freesound . . .

Ta,

Paul

0 sounds
    1 post

:3

73 sounds
    88 posts

Hi RT,

Thanks a lot mate.

I am going to post a new question in the forum now as I am still stuck on finding a solution . . .

Paul

13 posts