Forums

2147 sounds
    1910 posts

juskiddink
    ....That's 3 different answers lol :?)

My answer and NemoDaedalus's don't conflict.

You don't need to ask permission from the original Freesound creator or Freesound remixer if you are using the remix in accordance with the CC1.0 licence.

You would need permission from all contributors for commercial use, e.g. using the remix as the sound track for an advertisment.

368 sounds
    257 posts

....That's 3 different answers lol :?
    I have understood that freesound 2.0 will have multiple licenses that uploaders can choose from.....maybe this will make it easier.
    IMO crediting uploaders by name would be fine if this created a link to how the user used the sound but i rarely find these links unless he/she leaves a comment or sends a pm.
    .......so thanks to all who make this effort,you help freesound to be an interactive community smile

0 sounds
    1 post

I Need 3 samples Badlyy i looked everywhere and i have had no luck. :/

"You Are Now In The Mix With DJ Omaid"
    "you Are Now In THe Mix With DJ Fame"
    "You Are Now In The Mix With Dj Illmatic
    "FURIOUS ENT"

THankk Youu Sooo Much..yu Can cntact me at facebook.com/HKnockz

grin

23 sounds
    10 posts

Timbre
    You can "assign" a sample to a pack after you have uploaded it, however this has to be done on an individual sample basis.

But then I need to create a pack first... and that function doesn't seem to work.

/Mike

975 sounds
    145 posts

sweet-
    Nice Find-

435 sounds
    344 posts

Great article!

Thanks for posting it here. I guess it's just that kind of attention that freesound need. I've posted the link on my facebook page, for others to enjoy smile

2147 sounds
    1910 posts

You can "assign" a sample to a pack after you have uploaded it, however this has to be done on an individual sample basis.

If you want to assign a batch of samples to a pack all at once this can only be done at the upload stage, (as I described above).

23 sounds
    10 posts

I got a reply from webmaster that it's a problem on the freesound server, the pack generator doesn't work. We have gigabytes of drum samples we'd love to share and upload, but we cannot do it until we know that they'll be available in an organized and structured way. So anyone, please reply to this topic whenever it works and I'll continue to upload the drum kits.

Cheers
    Mike

0 sounds
    1 post

Thanks for the directions to adding freesound.org to "my network places" folder on my PC. I hope to have several sounds to upload in the next two weeks, and this will help. Thanks again

1189 sounds
    285 posts

Thanks Danny Scott for giving us some attention! http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article7131439.ece

1189 sounds
    285 posts

A while ago, some Freesounders were interviewed by the Sunday Times' Danny Scott. The article has been published for a while and is now accessible to everybody. A new breed of online musicians are making their tunes freely available for others to sample or remix. They don’t want money, they’re spreading the love". The link is in the next post.

- LG

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi all,

I would love to have a jingle to play on my Saturday night show on ustream.tv

Something like this: "You are listening to Roxy's Other World, with Steve".

Cheers.

Roxy641

2147 sounds
    1910 posts

Janie Joelle ? ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=97664

Vann's "beedap" stuff ? e.g. ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=43347

2147 sounds
    1910 posts

Proxima4
    oozey liquid and squelchy sounds ... sticky is tricky !! :? can you help.

Simulated underground lava ? (made from chili) ... http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=98858

9 sounds
    9 posts

It's a thought.

But could we have a a forum header, that is dedicated to giving up, patches made with freesounds in them.

I would like to give patches up for CA - Alchemy in the future, but have been stoped in the past because of the limitations regarding the CA user library and sample rights.

But surely if we make our own with samples from here, that are re-sampled etc, and you own a copy of Alchemy, that at least has the factroy patches installed, then we could share.

The patches work with the exsisting sample library + added samples. that must of course be a stipulation if we continue..

Whats your thoughts? :roll:

9 sounds
    9 posts

After many demos and a healthy selection of software.

I really really recomend Camel Audio's 'Alchemy', which is now available as a player. It's and excellent sampler and is so easy to get your head around, It's a pleasure to use and perform with.

Easily second or infact joint 1st would be Native Instruments - 'Absynth 5' Theres no words to describe the sounds that come from Absynth and It's energy is different from anything else on the market, If I had to choose between the 2 it may actually end up as Absynth, but it depends on the kind of energy in your music making,

That's the only 2 straight up Sampler/Hybrid Synths I can recomend, theres loads of other brilliant bits of kit, I would suggest trying to get hold of a licence for Native Instruments - 'Reaktor' on E-bay I picked a licence up for £80.00 last year, and it provides many many producers and artists with the tools to make individual effect noises, soundscapes and anything else your ears desire, but you can get bogged down in the choice department, and it's somewhat a 'large package' to come to terms with if your fairly new to DSP.

My Synths Kit.

Ableton Live 8
    Camel Audio - Alchemy
    Camel Audio - Cameleon 5000
    Native Instruments - Absynth 5
    Lin Plug - Cronox3
    Rod Papen - Albino 3
    Rod Papen - Blue
    Cakewalk - Rapture
    Cakewalk - Z3ta
    EMU - Proteus VX
    Sonic Charge - Synplant.

Native Instruments - Reaktor 4>5.

9 sounds
    9 posts

Hi There again.

Need help in making, ambience here, I want to build an 'Organinc, Growing, Lifeform' ambience to which end I'm really missing close up sampled oozey liquid and squelchy sounds, like some thick liquid being squeezed from a sponge or cloth, or paint being stipled on a roller.

Theres many fantastic driping sounds and footsteps in mud, not too mention wildlife sounds and water falls. But sticky is tricky !! :? can you help.

I shall re-sample everything into CA - Alchemy and make various soundscapes with the result. Which makes me think of an post for the forum. Next.

9 sounds
    9 posts

Hi yer.

I'm looking for some adlibs other than Digifish's 'Katy' sings, but simillar in style, Female and or Male, to be used in Psy/Break and Psy/Ambient tracks, I have a mic but no willing Female to sing in my project studio, Tempo synced would be great so as to get phrases out of one or more samples and to aid in time stretching. Long styles would be best but any pitch.

18 sounds
    455 posts

Hi! Sure, people are always interested. My idea is, even if there's just one person who used a sound, then it's a good thing the sound was uploaded.

2 sounds
    1 post

Hello - just want to introduce myself to the group of users. Live in NJ and found this site by a happy accident. Just contributed my first file that I recorded this week. Not sure if ppl would be interested in it but ok. Its the sounds of my backyard in my home in NJ.