Forums

7 posts

2005 sounds
    2167 posts
    Dare 40 - Lost for words

Hey guys and girls, ever felt lost for words?
    Well, you are in luck: klankbeeld has about 4000 words for you.
    http://www.freesound.org/people/klankbeeld/sounds/250989/
    http://freesound.org/people/klankbeeld/sounds/276451/
    There is a very good chance that the words you lost are in there! smile

Seriously, though... Your challenge, should you decide to accept it, is to compose a sentence or two using words from those two uploaded sounds.
    You can even go crazy, and compose a little poem or story - See how far you can go!

Upload your creation to Freesound and post here with a link to let everyone know.

deadline - 5 Sep 11:00 GMT

I want to believe.
    328 sounds
    2766 posts

This is an interesting one. I might use TTS to produce a little story. I think I will need to add some connecting words in there though so it's actually readable.

For anyone who wants a text based list of words to scan through, I have a CSV which goes up to entry ~3800 (but that's plenty if you ask me)

You can find it HERE
    Credit to Frederic for generating this!

p.s. Alien - you double posted this thread by the way. Did you notice?

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

2005 sounds
    2167 posts

Headphaze wrote:
    Alien - you double posted this thread by the way. Did you notice?

No I did not notice. Don't know how it happened. Corrected now. Thanks.

I want to believe.
    114 sounds
    45 posts

Sounds like fun. I've already got an idea for a very goofy story, and I won't need any extra connecting words from other sources hehehe, though the narrator may sound a bit like tarzan. Can we use other sounds as sound effects?

2005 sounds
    2167 posts

Yes you can.

I want to believe.
    1851 sounds
    1099 posts

kb7clx wrote:
    Sounds like fun. I've already got an idea for a very goofy story, and I won't need any extra connecting words from other sources hehehe, though the narrator may sound a bit like tarzan. Can we use other sounds as sound effects?

Me tarzan wink You Jane?

To hear, you first have to listen
    2005 sounds
    2167 posts

Dear Freesounders

appologies for my sillence on this thread. The deadline is long gone.
    Just after coming back from holiday I have had to travel on work. More travel required later this month, so my time on Freesound will be very limited.

I have spent some time while on hols cuting words from klankbeeld long files. I think I have spend 3-4h on it in total and I have managed to cut out the first 300 words from one of the files. Work will progress (slowly) and I will definetely produce something from those cut out words.
    However, considering current activity level at work and the need to travel... there is no telling when that will be. I will post here when it happens.

Currently I have one pending music project (not Freesound) that I am working on. I will be dedicating all my free time to this until it is finished.
    I have no plans to launch a September dare. If anyone has a good idea and wants to post one, please go ahead.
    It is not clear yet at this time if I will be able to run a dare in Oct...

I want to believe.

7 posts