Forums

3 posts

0 sounds
    32 posts
    "Tropical Caverns"-what do you think?

Hi everyone, hope you're well.

I just wanted to share with you my latest short piece, which was made in response to SoundShoots' 'cave' theme under my music name Filthy Temples.

Description: With this track I wanted to create something that captivated the peacefulness and eeriness of a tropical cavern. The starting point for this was freesound sample "Walking in a cave" by paresh, which set the scene well. I then built the first phrase by recording live guitar and bass parts and a small shimmering effect. In the second phrase I used freesound sample "2 takes bats" by thanvannispen to set a slightly darker scene and rephrased the guitar and bass parts to emphasis this mood. The track then winds down, repeating its'self like an prolonged cave echo, getting deeper and darker as it fades...

Please feel free to give it a listen at http://www.soundshoots.com/the_shoots/38/playlist/all/track/500 and let me know if you have any feedback that you would like to share.
    Oliver

ps, due to mp3 conversion and transcoding, some of the higher frequencies are not as clean as in the original file, but I hope this doesn't take away too much from your experience of listening to the track.

Oliver Squirrell-Curator and project manager of SoundShoots
    0 sounds
    16 posts

Really dig the fade out. Nice atmosphere in the beginning as well.

0 sounds
    32 posts

Thanks buddy, glad you like it! I think the fade out is my favourite part too

Oliver Squirrell-Curator and project manager of SoundShoots

3 posts