Forums

9 posts

0 sounds
    4 posts
    Asking for rock band intro, we are stuck!

Hi everybody,

A short introduction: we are SoundCrave, a rockband (heavy metal) from the Netherlands with a 100% self-written repertoire. Our line up is: drums, bass guitar, singer, one guitarist (that would be me).

Throughout the years all of us have done different things / styles but none of us had ever had the privilege to play in a heavy metal band along with a keyboard player. I myself have always wanted to know how it would be but the situation never came.

Also to be honest: maybe it is not that good of an idea to have a full time keyboarder in the band 'cos it is rather guitar minded music.

But... coming april we will be playing an (to us) important gig where we would like to have an intro, about 60-90 seconds wich will create some atmosphere in the music hall (100-200 persons).

It would be really cool to meet someone who would want to help us out with this. To make it easier (or maybe harder) we do not have a clear idea about how to create it or even what it should sound like. The idea in general is that it could start with strings (low / soft Dminor) with piano licks in Dminor + dissonants / raised 7th, going to a climax as where some massive drums will take over and the intro dies out. (Am I too complicated..?)

Who is gonna give us a hand? Maybe if there is a good cooperation we might do some more, maybe try some things in our songs, who knows?

We are not able to compensate financial at this point, maybe sometime in the future, or if the cooperation would work that good, can't tell now. But it should not be the reason for participating. What we can offer is your name besides ours on the CD or other media wich is to be released.

Anyways, we discussed the option of maybe placing some advert on the internet, so here it is.
    Thanks in advance for your reply.

Marco.

Facebook: http://nl-nl.facebook.com/pages/SoundCrave/220571094638289
    Song: http://www.soundcrave.com/wp/media/in_the_eye_of_the_rainbow.mp3

0 sounds
    4 posts

:bump:

Sorry, not trying to be rude or impatient.
    No-one interested in helping us out?

1454 sounds
    109 posts

Try on music sites, this place is about sounds and sfx, you may try to search soundscapes and ambiences and compose your intro by yourself from elements, because you rather won't find here people for musical jobs.

sound addictive human being...
    429 sounds
    343 posts

I know this is nothing near what you've asked for, but being a heavy metal band, it's usually not a bad idea to have something soft as an intro. It's dark enough not to be trivial and out of context. I've made it for a previous freesound dare, and you can download it, if you want it. Just remember to credit those i've listed below the sound.

https://soundcloud.com/kyster/melancholy-lane-dare-15

1345 sounds
    1524 posts

aerdvark wrote:
    :bump:

Sorry, not trying to be rude or impatient.
    No-one interested in helping us out?

Hello Marco

Sorry, i missed your request on the first post.

Like many here, I am not a trained musician. This would be an experiment to me, as much as it is to you.
    Would help me to have a listen to some of your music. Maybe some short mp3 clips. In particular the start of the music that will play after the intro - if you know that at this stage

Would also really help to see some lyrics - in english, please.
    Again, the one of greatest interest would be the music that will play after the intro.
    This would help me come up with something. For example: For a lyric on social critic i might for exemple create an intro with some industrial sounds blended in.

Send me a PM, if interested.

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    0 sounds
    4 posts

PM Sent to AlienXXX.

Thanks guys for the ideas of taking some samples and putting together an intro myself.

48 sounds
    675 posts

aerdvark wrote:
    PM Sent to AlienXXX.

Thanks guys for the ideas of taking some samples and putting together an intro myself.

Send me a PM, too. Perhaps finally AlienXXX and I will get to collaborate.

0 sounds
    4 posts

Hi aFleetingSpeck,

Thanks for the reply!

I will send your request to ALienXXX.
    Maybe you guys know each other; he will then contact you smile

Regards,
    AerdvarK

1345 sounds
    1524 posts

Yeah, we do know each other. wink

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...