Forums

8 posts

0 sounds
    3 posts
    Group of horses: massive sound of gallop

Hello dear freesound users!

I was wondering if any of you have any sounds of a group of horses galloping. I need a very massive sound, like in a movie when you see a lot of horses running from far away into you.

All the galloping sounds which I searched here is not really what I am looking for. I need a very massive sound.

Hope anyone have something what I am looking for smile

Best regards, Julia

203 sounds
    424 posts

Hello!

What happens if you play all those sounds together? smile

167 sounds
    1517 posts

Hello, can you describe the scene or context?

Its unclear the exact scale.

Cheers

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

0 sounds
    3 posts

copyc4t
    hey!
    I have tried that, but it sounds like they are running from one side to another.

Head-Phaze

I need all of horses to run in the center against me.

Like this: http://vacay.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/galloping-horses-e1356885102816.jpg

and then to hear them coming near, like this: http://www.theora.com/images/horsesGallop.jpg

smile

167 sounds
    1517 posts

So you need an army or horses running directly towards and gradually closing in on the viewpoint?

This is extremely difficult to get right, and will take a considerable amount of time without actually recording the real thing happening.

My apologies, but I can't help you. I don't have the time.

Try experimenting with lots of individual gallops like copyc4t suggested. Its how I would create the sound personally.

Good luck

0 sounds
    3 posts

Yes, exactly!

Ok, thanks smile

I will try to do that.

203 sounds
    424 posts

asheelts wrote:
    copyc4t
    hey!
    I have tried that, but it sounds like they are running from one side to another.
    I need all of horses to run in the center against me.

Good, if the ones you found sound good together, distance and direction can be simulated/corrected when mixing them; how long should the whole sound last? Which are the sounds you liked best, regardless of stereo position?

167 sounds
    1517 posts

Also, another little tip:

It might be worth experimenting with a delay effect on individual gallop tracks. Set the feedback to a very small amount and set the time according to the speed of galloping. This will increase the scale, so you don't need a hundred channels.

8 posts