Forums

4 posts

0 sounds
    2 posts
    Spotlight and Power

We are a group of students of a College from Barcelona, Spain. (UAB) We're looking for the sound that spotlights do on power and on power off. Like in the movies, the typical sound of power and electricity going down.

Thanks a lot.

1882 sounds
    1709 posts

try the search term "limelight"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limelight

I don't think electric lights make a noise so it may be one of those cinematic anachronisms / skeuomorphs

1086 sounds
    395 posts

For the spotlight on sound:

/search/?q=spotlight

What search terms have you tried? It's always interesting to know why the search fails to deliver a sound when it's actually available.

As for sound off, this seems tricky. /people/suonho/sounds/25258/ perhaps?

Click here to lend your support to: Freesound 2011 donations and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !
    Donate to Freesound.org
    so it can serve even more and better sounds to you in the future!
    0 sounds
    2 posts

The problem in fact is that, as Timbre mentioned before, this sound does not exist in the reality, it's just a dramatic license that hollywood has taken. The sound Timbre gived me is the most look a like that I've can found. I've tried with: spotlight, on, off, power, electricity, motor, fan, floodlight, focus... Nothing. I'm looking for the sound that spotlights make in the movies while being turned off and on. Typically, in scenes like a TV show or a musical scene, where suddenly a spotlight is turned on in the center of the screen.

I think you know what I mean. Any help is wellcome.

BTW thanks a lot Timbre!

4 posts