Forums

5 posts

167 sounds
    1413 posts
    50's style radio announcement

Hello Freesounders. I come in peace and need your help! ASAP

So I am working on a short film for a university project and need some assistance in getting a piece of dialogue being played from a radio. Its a zombie film and throughout you hear snippets from a series of safety measures on a constantly looped broadcast.

The specification is: British with a well spoken accent.
    Preferably In 1950's style (kind of like Monty Python; almost satirical and frivolous.)

The most important thing is to be British and well spoken, other than that, the specification is preference.

Thank you so much to whoever will take on this challenge, much appreciated! smile <3

............................................................................................
    NOTES:

- The numbers for each point are also spoken.
    - No need for effects or processing, I will do all of that. Just the raw recording will do.
    - Don't worry too much about a noisy recording. Obviously not recorded in a busy cafe, but i dont mind a tiny bit of hiss. It will add to the 50's character.

___________________________________________________________________________________
    SCRIPT:

Number 1…
    Make it your best interest to barricade any way into your home with large objects or furniture.

Number 2…
    Shut and lock all windows and doors securely. Remember, the sound of breaking glass may alert you to a breach of perimeter.

Number 3…
    Try to get to higher ground. The loft is preferable, but failing this, anywhere that is above the ground floor will do.

Number 4…
    Stockpile as much water as you can. Fill up baths, sinks and as many bottles and saucepans as possible. Thirst can quickly become a killer, so ration your water.

Number 5…
    Gather as much non-perishable food as you can. Tinned food is best, along with dried meat and any air-sealed goods.

Number 6…
    Plan an escape route. Your home is safe, but if a gas line bursts, you may be threatened by fire.
    If you are forced to leave your home, do so quietly and quickly. Only take essential items with you, and travel by day!

Number 7…
    Exercise regularly. A fit and healthy body is the best way to maintain high spirits, and keep boredom at bay.

Number 8…
    First aid is a thing of utmost importance. Minor injuries can quickly become life threatening if the correct sanitary procedures aren't followed. Clean your hands thoroughly, and be sure to dispose of all waste quickly, and safely.

Number 9…
    Don't give up. Help is on its way, and it will be with you soon. The great British spirit has seen this nation through some dark times before, and will do so again.

And above all, don't - lose - heart…

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks again! grin

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
    119 sounds
    102 posts

Hi Head-Phaze

I've done a rough and ready test recording of just the first one for you to critique for accent and delivery. I can do different 'vintage' radio accents, from fairly authentic to ridiculous pastiche. Let me know if I'm anywhere close to what you want...

http://www.freesound.org/people/Speedenza/sounds/170004/ [awaiting mods]

167 sounds
    1413 posts

Speedenza wrote:
    Hi Head-Phaze

I've done a rough and ready test recording of just the first one for you to critique for accent and delivery. I can do different 'vintage' radio accents, from fairly authentic to ridiculous pastiche. Let me know if I'm anywhere close to what you want...

http://www.freesound.org/people/Speedenza/sounds/170004/ [awaiting mods]

I've just experienced the perks of being a moderator wink

I'm impressed at how quickly you responded. They don't call you Speedenza for nothing right...

Yes! That sounds great, I love the tonal variation you did, very 50's esque.
    Perhaps you could speak a bit quicker. It will add to the silliness that the recording is supposed to characterise. Here's a Monty Python sketch to use as reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIqXxeqGuw8

So yes, go ahead and do your magical voicing. Thanks a lot! Appreciated.grin

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
    119 sounds
    102 posts

OK - I'm working on it. They're running a huge generator truck outside my flat right now so I can't record anything. Ironically, they're shooting a movie...

167 sounds
    1413 posts

Speedenza wrote:
    OK - I'm working on it. They're running a huge generator truck outside my flat right now so I can't record anything. Ironically, they're shooting a movie...

Oh noo! That is ironic grin

Ok, no immediate rush. I have to finish this project by Monday the 26th. If worst comes to worst, just record it with the generator, I'll just do my best at treating the audio.

But hopefully, you'll find a moment when the generator is off.

Thanks again.

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯

5 posts