Forums

7 posts

0 sounds
    1 post
    The best software for MAC

Hi, whats the best software for creating sounds in Mac OS?

720 sounds
    16 posts

What kind of sounds do you want to create?

465 sounds
    92 posts

Hmm, I think this might be another bot user - no downloads, no uploads, only a link to a travel insurance site, rather generic question (often copy and pasted from somewhere else).

If not, then apologies!

720 sounds
    16 posts

Oh..
    I didn't check.
    Sorry.

465 sounds
    92 posts

cabled_mess wrote:
    Oh..
    I didn't check.
    Sorry.

Once in the past I wrote out a detailed post answering someone's question only to find out it was a spam account just hoping to increase their SEO rank and traffic for their site. Since then, I always check when a new account is posting so I don't waste my time again. wink

62 sounds
    4 posts

Maybe bot question but I think some people want answer. I use this:
    Editor: Audacity
    DAW: Garageband (but need Jam Packs), LMMS (but no VST)
    Get sound from old software: HexFiend, Vmac Mini Emulator (with ResEdit for Class MacOS), Rezilla
    Sound Programing: LLVM and GCC (C compilers for create sound programs)

0 sounds
    1 post

Bot or not, people will read this thread anyway. smile

Audacity? Garage Band? Although these are nice for starting out and experimenting, I really, really suggest REAPER.

http://reaper.fm/download.php

It's a professional DAW, that can do anything and you can "test" it for free FOREVER. I have been doing it for 5 years since I was a teenager and only paid for it when I turned 23 and started making money off of my sounds. It's an amazing software with an even more amazing community. The amount of community-made scripts (that really speed up workflow), presets, helpful forum content is amazing.

And it's 60$ when you buy it... A bargain for an amazing "underdog" DAW that's being recognized more and more in the Pro Market.

7 posts