Forums

3 posts

126 sounds
    85 posts
    How to Add a Cellphone / Radio effect to your voicesample

It's very easy to give your (voice-)recording a cellphone or radiolike effect. As usual the instruction is given for the 100% free program Audacity.

- Select the sample or the sampleparts you want to have the effect layed over.

- go to Effects -> High Pass Filter

- at Rolloff (dB per octave): select 12 dB

- Cutoff frequency keeps to 1000,0.

- Click OK.

thats all.

2094 sounds
    1888 posts

balloonhead wrote:
    It's very easy to give your (voice-)recording a cellphone or radiolike effect. As usual the instruction is given for the 100% free program Audacity.

I you install FFmpeg library into Audacity, it has AMR cell-phone codecs ... http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_installation_and_plug_ins.html#How_do_I_download_and_install_the_FFmpeg_Import.2FExport_Library.3F

If you then save your audio in AMR format it really does sound like a cellphone : it has the compression artifacts , as well as the reduced bandwidth.

2001 sounds
    2151 posts

Here is an interesting alternative. A friend of mine was trying to add a phone effect to some vocals in one of his tracks, and could not get it exactly right using plugins.

I suggested he called his mobile phone from hi s landline (or vice-versa) and recorded the vocals/sentence he was trying to create.
    It worked wonderfully !

So, yes, you can use VST effect plugins and Audacity effects. But most likely you have access to the real-thing. - Just record it!

I want to believe.

3 posts