Forums

3 posts

0 sounds
    2 posts
    Formats for Broadcasting/Web use

Hi Everyone,

Wondered if anyone can give me some advice - I've been producing sound and music for live theatre for several years, but have been recently approached about the possibility of creating sound for broadcast and online content. Before I go further down that route I wanted to see if I will have to get any further equipment or software.

Can anyone give me some info on what formats I'd need to be able to produce? Ie what would a radio station or web hosted want delivered from me to be broadcast ready? will they just want regular wavs etc?

Many Thanks

W

229 sounds
    129 posts

you need to google on delivery specifications.. or ask them to provide them - for instance discovery or Nat Geo have a spec sheet outlining what they accept.

wavs are fine.. but you need the levels to meet broadcast standards.

as rough reference most TV stations would expect a mix to be provided that peaks at either -10dBFS or -12dBFS - altho with recent legisalation in the states it is getting a bit more complicated.

I havent done much radio in recent years but expect something similar..

zoom h4 sound pro binaural Red Audio Various Cap Mic's www.fork-media.com http://www.youtube.com/user/forksoundservices?ob=0&feature;=results_main
    0 sounds
    2 posts

Thanks Martian

3 posts