I am using the LS-100 with a 64GB SDXC card. When I use internal LS-100 memory everything is fine. When I record files to the SD card the wrong file "last modified date" shows up when viewing the LS-100 file via USB on my computer. If I copy the file from the LS-100 SD card to my computer, the wrong date remains. The correct date is set on the LS-100 and on my computer. If I use the SD card on my computer wiithout the LS-100, I can store files and they show up with the correct date. The LS-100 picks a Dec. 2010 date strangely enough. I would appreciate any cofirmation of this problem on other LS-100s. I actually exchanged my 1st LS-100 for another and the 2nd one has the same problem. The date is set-up properly on the recorder.
Is the "last modified date" increasing (but just shifted in one or other direction to currend date), or it's reseting somewhere (on/off?)? What about the filenames in relation to time-related file properties? Files are named according to recording date; are they named correctly according to current time? Did you tried on non-SDXC (standard SDHC) card? Did you sent your question/issue to Olympus tech support? I guess it would help them to include this problem to the task list when working on firmware update.
The date is incorporated correctly in the file name, but is always Dec 2010in the file attributes. The LS100 is specified to take SDXC cards and I have not triedt other types. I Have contacted Olympus but did not get anywhere.
Give them time, they should respond in a few few days (at least they did when I had questions some time ago). But if filenames are correct, then this is rather a minor issue. If this helps - For sorting I use such filenames as prefixes (or give an additional prefix for recorder/setup I used). When you edit the file, then (depending on software/settings) creation date will stay intact while modification date will change.
They have been looking at it for months and finally asked me to send it in for maintenance which is unlikely to fix the problem since two usits have the issue.
Firmware update available. Solves some problems, including latency (tested). Here is a full list:
1. Improves the latency of the Record Monitor.
2. Adds the capability that allows the recorder to start recording and playing back
simultaneously when the REC or PLAY button is pressed during Recording pause while
in the Multi-Track mode.
3. Adds the capability to pause playback in Multi-Track mode.
4. Fixes the problem with the recorder displaying the wrong remaining time when it
continues recording for a period of time.
5. Fixes the Solo function issue: You may now set it properly in Multi-Track mode.
6. Fixes the problem with the recorder saving an incorrect "create date and time" when a
64GB SDXC card is used.
7. Adds the capability to start recording by pressing once on the REC button on the remote
controller when used.
8. Changes the setting to not turn off the LCD when the recorder runs in Metronome mode,
Tuner mode, Lissajous mode, Menu mode, or when it is connected to PC.
9. Improves stability of the recorder.