Forums

20 posts

73 sounds
    88 posts
    RE: Spam!

Hi,

Is it not possible to block these trolls from spamming this forum which started on Tuesday? It's getting totally ridiculous now. The posts have not even been removed now despite being reported!

Thanks,

Paul

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Nord Stage 88 Classic / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
    1705 sounds
    1050 posts

For the time being matk spam.
    Searge 91- in the forum and you get them all.

I did mark them on two accounts. If. You do the same the wil be gone fast.

Thanks

To hear, you first have to listen
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Hi,

I have reported enough to date and so I feel I have done my bit now.

Ta,

Paul

Fender Rhodes Suitcase / Fender Rhodes Stage / Hohner E7 Clavinet / Yamaha DX7 Mk1 & DX21 / Nord Stage 88 Classic / Mini Moog / Multi Moog / Korg Poly 61 / Roland Juno 6 / Roland XV5050 (module). Cubase Pro 8.5 / Sibelius 7. Dell Inspiron 3737, Windows 10 Professional, 1.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 64-bit, Intel Core i3.
    2 sounds
    2 posts

me to. hope it helps..

3 sounds
    120 posts

I reported a few. It's totally ridiculous! I have to scroll through an entire page of bull**** to get to yesterday's posts, and it takes a while to get to the bottom. I think I once went through three pages before that happened.

Mudkipz rule!
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Hi,

Well I was advised to NOT reply to the spam, and to report it. Both of which I have done but now the whole page_1 of this forum has been taken up with the same idiots (as last Tuesday) still posting.

Paul

3 sounds
    120 posts

Somebody should make a spam website where people like those can post all the pointless and boring **** they want and nobody has to care, because they don't need to go on the site.

Mudkipz rule!
    49 sounds
    83 posts

Hi,

We know about the spam attack and are working to stop it.
    Like in other times, they find ways to stop our spam peotection although now it was quite a long time since the last time they found a way to break it.

Please be patient, we hope to end with this attack in the following days...

Ah, and don't stop reporting, it is very useful for us when deleting the users.

Cheers,

frederic
    the freesound team
    3 sounds
    120 posts

I'm glad all the crap is gone! Now I can read the post easily now. I'd hate it though if they came back....

Mudkipz rule!
    1705 sounds
    1050 posts

If some other mark the last ones as we did, the are gone to.
    thanks

3 sounds
    120 posts

They're back again!

Mudkipz rule!
    49 sounds
    83 posts

Hi again,

We just implemented some new anti-spam measures, lets see how it goes now.

Cheers,

frederic
    the freesound team
    1705 sounds
    1050 posts

Well done. Thanks.

3 sounds
    120 posts

Nice! What did you do?

Mudkipz rule!
    49 sounds
    83 posts

We do manually moderate "first posts" which look suspicious.
    We have now updated the rules for considering a post suspicious and made them more strict, which means that now all the spam posts go to the manual moderation list which we (admins) and moderators review.
    Hopefully as spammers see that their posts do not get published they'll also stop posting.

The downside is that now more "potentially ok" posts will go to the moderation queue, but 99% of suspicious posts are real spam so this should not be a big problem.

frederic
    the freesound team
    1373 sounds
    404 posts

Thank you Frederic, good work. Looks like it's still a lot of work your end.

Trouble runs, far away, in the night.
    73 sounds
    88 posts

Cheers Frederic!

3 sounds
    120 posts

Their back. I've reported it. Don't really know why I'm posting this, it probably won't be seen with all the crap

Mudkipz rule!
    49 sounds
    83 posts

yeah I've seen it sad
    we'll continue fighting them, in the meantime please be patient...

cheers

frederic
    the freesound team
    0 sounds
    3 posts

They're back again!

20 posts