Forums

11 posts

938 sounds
    202 posts
    A penny for your thoughts

Bloody hell, not another thread, (of which I'm quite apprehensive in a sense).

What's currently on your mind? Anything at all goes, no matter how seemingly insignificant and trivial; because I'd really like to know.

At the moment, my stomach's on my mind. It feels like I've drank a lot of milk, which is rather unpleasant and distracting, because I don't like the stuff. I can even taste it. So I'm putting a lot of beer down there to dilute the problem (probably the reason for this thread).

But hey, don't we have Twitter for this kinda thing? Sure, but I prefer freesound.

"Games are bad, they make you mad!"
    938 sounds
    202 posts

Oh christ! lol.

1284 sounds
    1382 posts

Most of the time there are far too many things on my mind. I find it hard to let go, to relax, to switch off.
    So there are always too many things on my mind. Or maybe my mind is just to small. Whichever...

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    96 sounds
    65 posts

Music is on my mind, it just won't go away but I like it smile

I too prefer freesound where people don't fight about nonsense and can string a proper sentence together (even when they are full of beer!)

I kind of re-discovered freesound a couple of weeks ago and was quite enthusiastic about contributing. I did try to hold off last week realising that a lot has been happening behind the scenes. Sorry moderators you'll be happy to know I go back to work tomorrow (big sheepish grin) and I discovered soundcloud at the weekend (thanks AlienXXX for suggesting it, it was not so scary)which is a nice outlet for my creativity.

By the way, I've been having trouble getting links to soundcloud to be a proper link. It's a bit annoying when I drop a comment to a freesounder to let them know I've used one of their sounds. In this day and age who wants to cut and paste a link into another tab?!? So if anyone can enlighten me I would be grateful.

releasetheraven . . .
    219 sounds
    409 posts

The business meeting I have tomorrow, then all the prep I need to do for work I'll be doing the next two months, and then... and then... and then... Too much. it's all too much.

142 sounds
    1279 posts

What's on my mind right now... hmmm

I really want to finish this heavy Drum & Bass track I've been working on recently.

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
    938 sounds
    202 posts

I had a go on my daughter's tablet, typing with two fingers? I don't think so. Personally I can't see a use for them, I prefer looking out the window on trains or buses (not quite sure how to spell the plural of bus, firefox disagrees with me. I'm almost sure "busses" is wrong, but buses sounds like booses to me.) or just watch other people looking at their screens. But, I can only be on one bus at a time, something is wrong there. Should have spent less time daydreaming in English lessons.

Spell check: why doesn't firefox accept "favourite" even with British English as default? Don't answer that, it's not important. I need to go to bed and dream of more interesting things, or disable spell check.

I find it strange when people in public refer to me as "that man" this, that or whatever. I really don't feel like one. I don't mean in a gender sense; I like my penis. When and if eventually they say "that old man" I'll really be disturbed, smash all mirrors and never shave again. I really don't want to be old.

Nighty night. Click, aaaaah.

142 sounds
    1279 posts

'buses' is the correct pluralisation wink

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
    1284 sounds
    1382 posts

toiletrolltube wrote:
    I find it strange when people in public refer to me as "that man" this, that or whatever. I really don't feel like one. I don't mean in a gender sense; I like my penis. When and if eventually they say "that old man" I'll really be disturbed, smash all mirrors and never shave again. I really don't want to be old.

That is because you are not a man but a kid.
    Men never grow up... they just get older.
    Some admit it. Some don't. I don't mind admiting it. Especially the never growing up bit.

On the other hand, if you are only as old as you feel, and we have just established men are always kids... Then maybe we should not grow old at all...

I like this theory smile

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    938 sounds
    202 posts

AlienXXX wrote:
    toiletrolltube wrote:

That is because you are not a man but a kid.
    Men never grow up... they just get older.
    Some admit it. Some don't. I don't mind admiting it. Especially the never growing up bit.

On the other hand, if you are only as old as you feel, and we have just established men are always kids... Then maybe we should not grow old at all...

I like this theory smile

I have to agree with you there absolutely Alien, that's how I feel, and sadly behave occasionally. I have no problem admitting it, but accepting it (sometimes) can be a problem. This reminds me now of something an old art teacher once told me, old in the sense that it was a long time ago. She said, and I paraphrase: "I intend to remain immature for as long as possible." So I suppose this feeling is not just confined to men. I also remember she didn't wear deodorant, and I liked that too (not that I have a strange little fetish for body odours, not that there's anything wrong with that kind of thing smile. Much prefer that smell to supermarket wash detergent and chemical perfume, but ah, I digress. Back to my art teachers. I had three great art teachers back then who I'll never forget, all female, who didn't so much as teach, but inspire. Then I went to the big college and ended up hating art entirely, but I don't really blame them for that, apart from that, it was a very fun time in my life. Girls, drugs and drunkeness. Good memories. (there's another word, drunkenness, does it really have two n's? You don't have to answer that Headphaze (if you're reading, but I don't mind if you do smile. It's funny, I'm in the mood for writing, but only here at the moment. I should really get back to writing rubbish on my blog, but it isn't working for me. Maybe it's just nice to communicate more directly here. So much for being an anti-social bastard. Ah well.

And thanks Headphaze, I go completely word blind sometimes. Perhaps bußes would sound right, but I'd have to ask the German members.

938 sounds
    202 posts

Sometimes I think, some, maybe all politicians aren't human. I'm not suggesting that they're lizards or aliens, or mad stuff like that. Just somehow they seem to lose their humanity when in that position of power. I mean, look at William Hague and Michael Portillo, they (to me) when they appeared on non-political tv shows became likable after they'd left office for whatever brief time it was. Just for the record, I've never voted. At first out of apathy and disinterest, and better things to do than attend a polling station. Later, I realised I'm my own god, the highest authority, but also not to believe my own bullshit - well, maybe temporarily that happens. I don't "have" to do anything.

11 posts