Forums

3 posts

96 sounds
    65 posts
    a quick question

I know that freesound is for resource sounds NOT music, however I was wondering if it would be appropriate to post a track made with freesounds in the forum/group "Your work made with Freesounds" ? I am not on soundcloud or anything like that. Thanks

releasetheraven . . .
    1310 sounds
    1386 posts

If your composition is musical, is unlikely to be accepted if you upload to Freesound. Even if it is 100% made with sounds from Freesound - that does not make a difference.

You can post on the forum with a link to it. But the file itself cannot be uploaded to freesound.
    Creating an account at Soundcloud or CCMixter is quick and easy. If you don't want that, try using dropbox.

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    96 sounds
    65 posts

I thought that would be the case, glad I checked.

My husband thought youtube would be a nice way to share his animation projects with friends and family and posted my track because he thought it was cool. I've never had any interest in posting things online (except some occasional loops on this site), I mess around with music software for fun and make things for my own enjoyment, so he posted it without thinking about the need to credit people. After my horrorfied reaction and a stern lecture he has realised that although it may be just a hobby that probably only his family will see, once something is posted on the internet with any kind of stock resource credit MUST be given. I'm sincerely sorry for this mistake, have no wish to offend the hardworking contributers or endanger this site.

This particular file has now been removed and I would have liked to have posted it somewhere to give full credit (but i dislike youtube) It was only up for a couple of days and the twenty views were probably all my dad, so hopefully no harm done.
    His couple of videos are hidden while he painstakingly goes through the files to ensure every resource is accounted for and credited, (lol) and I think he'll be a lot more organised with future projects if he intends to share anything online.

Thanks for the speedy reply, maybe I'll check out the sites you suggested.

releasetheraven . . .

3 posts