Forums

4 posts

981 sounds
    240 posts
    fracking sounds

The best part is between approximately 3:58 and 5:05. By best I mean, no voice. http://youtu.be/tShe4x7b-2g?t=3m57s

Also this one which is gas flaring. As the lady says "it's loud" http://youtu.be/LGqmwc4bGJY?t=2m19s

A gentleman's living room always contains a toilet.
    167 sounds
    1502 posts

The video from 'smithfield' is very creepy and disturbing, almost doesn't sound real.

Sure isn't green

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

981 sounds
    240 posts

Head-Phaze wrote:
    The video from 'smithfield' is very creepy and disturbing, almost doesn't sound real.

Sure isn't green

Yeah, that's what struck me about it, I haven't heard anything quite like that before. I'm not sure whether it's some kind of alarm system or sound produced by the compressor equipment. It would be a good sound to have on freesound with the lady's permission though. Also good for processing/sampling, but not so good in your back garden. I have to admit I've become slightly obsessed with this subject lately.

A gentleman's living room always contains a toilet.
    167 sounds
    1502 posts

I'm not surprised you've taken an interest.

It is one of THE most disgusting and concerning practices in the USA at the moment. It is yet another example of the corporate, governmental, money-hungry, capitalist system that controls the country; with little regard for the ultimate welfare and fate of citizens in comparison to profit.

What makes it worse is that the government or these companies conducting the dangerous and hazardous activity are prepared to propagate improvised information on their activity, to falsely announce it's safety.

It actually sickens me to think this is happening. I live in the UK, so we are pretty good in comparison (although we still allow some terrible industry practises to continue). I still wish I lived in Sweden, the green safe-haven.

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

4 posts