Forums

5 posts

433 sounds
    228 posts
    Sites like freesound for production music?

I showed to some students my music at the place where I work, and they said that I should upload some to freesound, but since freesound is just mainly for sounds, not music per say, I'm asking this question: What sites works similarily to freesound.org but is mainly for music?

On the same topic. Freesound.org uses some sourcecode, which means that if it was released under open source then people would be able to set up say freemusic.org based on the same system.

Best regards Johan Brodd
    235 sounds
    425 posts

ccmixter

http://ccmixter.org/

235 sounds
    425 posts

and though it's not exclusively music - and not all of it is creative commons or public domain, much usable material can be found at the internet archive - www.archive.org

25 sounds
    9 posts

www.soundcloud.com is a good site for storing your sound clips online so that it can be shared with others. It's like a flckr for sound files.

0 sounds
    1 post

Soundcloud is very good. I've been a member of SC for almost as long as I have been one here on Freesound and I've had nothing but a pleasant experience. Hard-working devs, great community, tons of amazing artists. Really good way to be heard.

5 posts