I have release lot of songs using samples from freesounds. But I wasn't aware of Creative Commons attributions and never mentions the authors. The problem is that's the songs have been already put on internet (most of them on free download albums). Morever I can't exactly remember which samples
I've used in which tracks. What's I can do to compensated the harm ? What's the best way to solve this situation ?
Thank you for not ignoring the licensing, now that you found out about it.
1. Find out what sounds you used. http://freesound.org/people/dadandy/downloaded_sounds/ shows us that you downloaded ~350 sounds but http://freesound.org/home/attribution/ will tell you the dates, which is good info, if you remember when you made the music.
2. Learn about the licenses of the sounds which you used. Ideally by reading the FULL legal text of all four legal documents, at the very least by reading the summary page of the license and the "Licenses" section of http://freesound.org/help/faq/
3. If you used Sampling+ samples, the resulting music might be prohibited from being used in advertisements (3.c. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/legalcode )
4. If you used Attribution-NonCommercial samples, the resulting music may not be used for commercial purposes.
5. You can talk to the owners (users) of the sounds to ask for permission to use their sounds in a way that the license does not allow it (I recommend you tell them the situation and link to this thread when contacting them). If they do not reply, it does not mean that they agree.
6. Edit the description texts anywhere where your music is distributed to contain the required attribution.
Note, that famous musicians are taking these licenses seriously. As an example: Prodigy and the less-than-two-seconds-long glitch sound:
I hope this helps! Feel free to ask more questions!
Thanks you a lot qubodup for answering. I will try to do the best I can. It's won't be easy as you notice there are more than 300 sounds. I will try to found the best solution and post again if I have troubles or doubts.