Forums

1896 sounds
    1736 posts

SoundEffectsFactory wrote:
    Alright then since you think you "know" so much. Get off your fucking high horse and take me to court. Set the date.

I do "know" what Al Capone did most of his prison-time for.

245 sounds
    166 posts

It is a bit awkward that WE USERS (klankbeeld, timbre, juskiddink, myself...) and a few moderators must take some steps, get our hands dirty, in order to protect our work. Instead of focusing our positiv energy in creating good sounds.
    I think that Freesound. org is not that little site these days, that could be bullied by every mischief juvenile.

never mind the bollocks zagi2
    863 sounds
    837 posts

my conclusion; SEF is sick
    voodoo will help maybe.

I will put my energy only in creating beautiful sound now.

SEF will smile now.

To hear, you first have to listen
    1896 sounds
    1736 posts

klankbeeld wrote:
    1] NO INDIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK; Link the people directly to my sound

Does re-hosting of YouTube "horror ambience" videos count as an "indirect link" ?. e.g. ...

WARNING: the "clip.dj" rehosting website has pop-up & pop-under adverts, and god knows what other nastiness, I suggest using a sandbox if you visit it to avoid possible malware infection.

Sounds can be played on and downloaded from YouTube rehosting sites without the downloader getting a chance to see any attribution on the original YouTube video.

1326 sounds
    1487 posts

zagi2 wrote:
    It is a bit awkward that WE USERS (klankbeeld, timbre, juskiddink, myself...) and a few moderators must take some steps, get our hands dirty, in order to protect our work. Instead of focusing our positiv energy in creating good sounds.
    I think that Freesound. org is not that little site these days, that could be bullied by every mischief juvenile.

There are previous instances of Freesound intervention on illeal use of samples from Freesound.
    I also agree that our energy is best spent on creative aspects and from my perspective SEF had been left alone - until a few days ago when he decided to show up again and spit on our face.

Saddly, he is not a juvenile. But on the plus side that means he is fully accountable for his actions.

He thinks he is building a name for himself.
    Lets see how that backfires when potential employers search him up online and find his dirty trail of copyright infractions. Put that on you CV, SEF.

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    498 sounds
    22 posts

Perhaps I should post some of the choice mail content I've received from "Sir Kyle; Snatcher of Sounds - Besmircher of All That is Integritous!"

He reminds me of having a talking dog--it's quite the novelty, problem being, if their lips are moving, they're lying. Thank Zeus they don't have thumbs--who knows what they might do? Handguns? Youtube channels? Automobiles? The mind boggles...

The manner in which he's chosen to communicate, is drooling with insincerity. As a satirist and award-winning member of the Sarcasm Society, I made quick work of him with little effort and he refuses to answer further queries. Sad that--I could use the exercise.

Exposing him in the comments section of the mishandled youtube files he's so fond of pretending are his creations, had a positive effect; this led to a freesound mail exchange that I found nothing short of entertaining. After a couple of verbal eviscerations, my sounds were removed.

He doesn't have notification engaged on his youtube channel, so a well placed observation announcing his unsavory activities, or the calling of attention to any number of psychological issues which are clearly evident and are, in some cases a prerequisite for his justification, tends to get his attention when he haphazardly stumbles upon them.

I'd never overtly recommend this route be taken, and am only sharing what has worked for me. It's worth considering that I cut my own hair--allowing my judgement to be called into question as well as my frequent wearing of hats.

Currently under investigation...
    245 sounds
    166 posts

@JimiMod
    Didn`t get this hair and hat part?

1326 sounds
    1487 posts

I would point out that SoundEffectsFactory has actually now bought a sound recorder and has now been uploading his own sounds to Freesound.
    His actions in the past were certainly questionable - and have been questioned by this community.
    It would appear that our questioning did have the desired effect and that SEF did change his ways.

So what is this now all about (after 6 months of innactivity on this thread)?

I would suggest no more posts on this thread for the moment, please.

If you have any questions or concerns PM me.

498 sounds
    22 posts

zagi2 wrote:
    @JimiMod
    Didn`t get this hair and hat part?

Have you ever cut your own hair? Doesn't work out real well sometimes. The only saving grace is that the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about 10 days. When the cut "goes south" I wear a hat for a week while it recovers.,

245 sounds
    166 posts

@JimiMod
    Shoot to barber smile

498 sounds
    22 posts

I'll do no such thing!

Good DAY to you sir.

I said, GOOD DAY!

245 sounds
    166 posts

@JimiMod
    I`ve got you first time.
    Luckily MY barber did`t cut my ear.

498 sounds
    22 posts

I didn't finish up with what happened to that talking dog.
    I was only 13 but I gotta tell ya, when that bus got him, I was relieved!

From the horses mouth...
    "I also did not notice your YouTube message until now as I don't get notifications for it, I only get notified for Google+ comments and mentions."

Luck with your microphone Kyle--I mean that sincerely.
    Ya might consider giving the fart guy some competition? Its a fairly untapped market, ya know?

498 sounds
    22 posts

If your future as a sound designer ever comes into question (heaven forbid), based on your entry here, I think you'd make a great editor.

Should anyone care to peruse the complete communiques please PM me. The missive above is dreadfully lacking in pertinent content, of which I will spare those wishing to refrain from knowing all of what was written, those that prefer to remain uninformed where the inclusion of all information is relevant to the edits.

498 sounds
    22 posts

No one cares Kyle.
    Ya think my inbox suddenly flooded?
    Jeez.... Get over yourself.

That you're using your gear and successfully uploading sounds is a step in the right direction, and I send kudos on your efforts.

However, I, just moments ago, made a solemn promise to a weeping baby jesus, that I will think happy thoughts for the remainder of the day, which would include my not engaging you further.

1896 sounds
    1736 posts

[Timbre,]Talking about "fair use" when it comes to manipulating a picture of myself when all this time you are questioning the ethics regarding using CC0 / CC Attribution sounds on YouTube. Quite hypocritical if you ask me

Unlike what I’ve done to that image, (which you say is of you), you do not transform the sounds you lift from Freesound and re-host on YouTube : you just copy and paste, and reluctantly give credit, which is hidden. So your particular usage of Freesounds on YouTube isn’t covered by “fair use”, whereas my use of that image is covered as it’s transformative-criticism-parody. So no hypocrisy.

Kyle frantically copying from Freesound to YouTube ...

http://plus.google.com/100202739201467442324

… this matter had been resolved ...

Nothing has been resolved : you’re the same dishonest foul-mouthed parasite you always were, and probably always will be.

… I think I found a picture of you …

It’s not me : I don’t smoke.

JimiMod wrote:
    That you're using your gear and successfully uploading sounds is a step in the right direction ...

see "token gesture" ... http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/token+gesture

1896 sounds
    1736 posts

… I have clear attribution in the descriptions of all my videos

Your attributions are not clear, they are hidden , and are often incomplete :
    according to the creative commons attribution license terms 4b(ii)/4b(iii), the attribution should either include the title the Freesound creator has given to their work , and/or a URI (URL) link to the Freesound you‘ve used. Just providing a link to the creator’s Freesound profile, without including the original title of the work, does not fully comply with the creative commons attribution license terms …

Creative Commons Attribution License, Restrictions, 4b wrote:
    … (ii) the title of the Work if supplied; (iii) to the extent reasonably practicable, the URI, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode

To be fully compliant either you add their original title in the YouTube description ,
    or use a URI (URL) link to the specific Freesound,
    e.g. in Your YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWk69hf-pYY
    currently has the hidden link to “ http://www.freesound.org/people/rjonesxlr8/
    When it should be “ http://www.freesound.org/people/rjonesxlr8/sounds/221583/
    if the original title is not included in your description.

Your mediafire download links associated with those YouTubes don't comply with the CC attribution license either , e.g. http://www.mediafire.com/listen/k75tt4bsq5r30l3/underground+tunnel+atmosphere+SoundEffectsFactory.wav
    aka http://mfi.re/listen/k75tt4bsq5r30l3/underground_tunnel_atmosphere_SoundEffectsFactory.wav
    don't give attribution other than an undeserved one for "SoundEffectsFactory" :¬(
    [ not even attribution hidden in the audio-file metadata ].

If I shared one of those mediafire links, ( particularly the second one which has in-built sharing buttons to facebook, twitter, google+, etc ), then the recipient doesn't know about the true original creator and the requirement to attribute them.

Creative Commons Attribution License, Restrictions, 4 wrote:

a. ... You must include a copy of, or the Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for, this License with EVERY copy of the Work You Distribute ...

b(i) ...the name of the Original Author (or pseudonym, if applicable) if supplied

b(ii) ... the title of the Work if supplied

b(iii) ... the URI, if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/legalcode

All four of those requirements are missing from your mediafire downloads :¬(

Anyone wishing to complain to mediafire about SEF, aka Kyle, distributing their sounds without proper attribution should go to ... http://www.freesound.org/forum/legal-help-and-attribution-questions/34819/
    If you want to complain to YouTube see my guide here ... http://www.freesound.org/forum/legal-help-and-attribution-questions/34244/
    PS search this bitly page http://bitly.com/u/o_5aprdql2ei to see if SoundEffectFactory aka SoundEffectCapital aka SoundEffectArchive have redistributed your sound without attribution via mediafire.

( UPDATE +3 weeks from this post:
    I just noticed Freesound member rjonesxlr8 has deleted all their files from Freesound :¬(

498 sounds
    22 posts

Here's a clue for ya Kyle: When someone is figuratively holding a gun to your head, but has spoken aloud they have no intention of shooting you, spitting on them is not a very good idea.

Omitted from my first offering Kyle posted - The legendary, and not to be missed, James Modern Satire intro, steeped in sarcasm and delicately seasoned with filthy language -- it often works best with low IQ types--they understand anger better if it's not whispered:

I have written you twice using youtube's email /personal messaging system, expressing my dismay at your tactics and requesting my works be removed from your YT channels as well as your website. Do you not read your YT mail? Is that it? I've left three additional requests for you to leave my work alone in the comments of the some of the files yer making money off of and we're not.

If you were not disturbed in some way, weren't starved for attention of have an unquenchable thirst for ill-gotten-gain, the banners for your outlets would have the attribution info on them, in flashing magenta neon lights. But the zagi2 sound you uploaded 4 hours ago has his link after SIX PARAGRAPHS POINTING AT YOU AND YOU ALONE, leaving the real genius behind that sound to a squalid 6th place in the "congratulations" line. I'm not a real talented linguistics guy but I think that's what people look at and say, "That dude's a fucking asshole! Has Zag seen this shit?"

Why isn't the first and foremost thing said about the sounds you rob from us in the title? In the FIRST line of the title? Or even the first line in the description?????? People see your little link there, and the 6 feet of intentional blank space, which makes it look like there's no additional info, so why look, and yer fine with that? Fine with your attribution efforts? WTF?

I've sent seven people to your youtube channels and website today. They were not made aware of my beef with you. I asked them to "Check out this great sound I found online! And while yer at it, could you find out who created the sound file? I'd like to thank them personally cuz I'm gonna use THAT ONE!" 6 of the 7 returned saying the sound was yours, had been created by you, whoever you are.

The rest he managed to post verbatim (that means exactly Kyle).

The rest of our play time activities weren't represented at all. Follow along, won't you?

> If you were the age you are claiming to be, I'm very
    > surprised at the immaturity in your last message. You sound
    > like a child :/. I'm sorry but I cannot take you seriously.
    >
    > I understand you are upset, but I really think you should
    > read more carefully the license terms that YOU CHOSE for
    > your sounds, which is the Attribution license. It doesn't
    > matter where the link is in the YouTube description, as long
    > as it is clear on why it is there with a link to the artists
    > profile/sound and to the original license terms it is fine.
    >
    > Bram, a freesound mod here even clarified this here:
    > <a href="http://gyazo.com/9d8e25782dc16fea94869861789efb1c" rel="nofollow">http://gyazo.com/9d8e25782dc16fea94869861789efb1c</a>
    >
    > Your knowledge of copyright, particularly with freesound
    > licenses amuses me.
    >
    > According to the license terms, I have every right to
    > duplicate your sound for commercial purposes as long as the
    > attribution is supplied which it is. One of your comments
    > were saying at first how there was no attribution there at
    > all which is why I removed it. I also did not notice your
    > YouTube message until now as I don't get notifications for
    > it, I only get notified for Google+ comments and mentions.
    >
    > At the end of the day, you are un-informed in regards to the
    > own license that you are using with your uploads. If you
    > don't want people to make money off your sound, the solution
    > is quite simple, choose the non-commercial license or sign
    > up on another site like audiomicro/soundscap where you get
    > paid royalties.
    >
    > I have removed the "Video Game Time Running Out" effect that
    > I uploaded a while ago, if you could please advise the other
    > one of yours I uploaded today that would be great as I don't
    > recall uploading another one from you.
    >
    > One other thing, if you even took the time to check out my
    > freesound profile you would see that I have started
    > uploading sounds and I have invested in a Zoom H4n recorder
    > that should be coming in soon to make my own sounds.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > -Kyle
    >

OOOHHHHH! He threw money at his problem. Think he may be an American?

My réponse

I amuse you?
    You sicken me.

I didn't know you were a member here until late today. See? that's what a great job you're doing of linking back to freesound--you don't even make it easy for people to find YOU here. I can see why though after glancing at, listening to, your "work".

What I think pissed me off more than anything, besides your status as an art speculator, is the audacity with which you operate, no human feeling are allowed, a simple kindness is out of your reach, sure, you offered to take my sound down out of the kindness of your black, little heart after I asked nicely, asked less nicely, asked sternly and then SCREAMED FOR 2 DAYS. If you wanna make money on sound files I'd suggest you make them yourself. That you are taking advantage of people, (not just stupid old fools like me) with little experience in this arena, although I've been a singer, songwriter, recording artist and studio musician for over 40 years, I've yet to run into any piddly-ass problems like I have recently with you and a handful of others that think its okay to take the sounds artists pour their hearts into, do as they please without even a hello or a thank you. "Wham, bam, thankya ma'am" kinda street prostitute treatment, which I bristle at.

I'm a painter, writer, multimedia artist, video producer, film director and performance artist and there's something I hold dear when it comes to my art. Money is not to touch it in any way. I know! How silly is that? 40 years producing sound and imagery in every venue I can imagine has proven a few things to me--if an artist is expecting a paycheck when the project is complete, the results will suffer. If an artist THINKS his work will be the victim of speculation, it will taint the results as well--there will be fear in his heart--how can that not change what you create?

Agreed, I am in my infancy in this whole hen party around insuring everyone's integrity is intact but I guarantee you one thing--should I use someone else's creation I, 1) contact them and state my intention, ask for their approval. 2) I ask them to preview the final and again, give their approval or denial, and when I list the finished project I thank them and prominently display their name, the title and a link. I go the extra 10 miles to make sure everyone involved is happy at the end of the day, where as you have chosen to hide behind some piece of paper and thumb your nose at true artists when they point out your soulless process of legal theft.

I'm done here. If you'd like to keep upsetting the natural balance I have established within which I can function with a modicum of bullshit, you go right ahead and do your best. I however will begin doing MY best to circumvent you. Can you see where the added stress of you not having any character is going to effect my work, because now, I have to WORRY about you thumbing your nose at me because paper is on your side?

Yer one cold fish there KYLE. I wish an interesting life for you. Ya know what? I'd be willing to bet my last dollar you are NOT a student of anything at any school, but are deeply involved in deception and obfuscation training somewhere. Your tone is not that of a person with any passion except the thrill he gets from denigrating others. Hence my suggesting you may suffer from a mind disorder of some kind.

Betting that Kyle would last 3 forays was where the money was--thanks for the showing your true colors right on schedule (Zag--you got that $20 yet?) Kyle throws in the towel, takes his ball and stomps home to mommy:

> --- SoundEffectsFactory wrote:
    >
    > I'm not going to sit here and waste my time arguing with
    > you, justifying to you who I am or why I am doing what I'm
    > doing.
    >
    > The fact is, in life there are always going to be things you
    > dislike or don't agree with. In this particular case there
    > is a simple solution but you seem to be avoiding it. If you
    > don't want others (not just me) duplicating your sounds for
    > other uses then simply change your licences over to the Non-
    > Commercial one so you have grounds for a complaint.
    > Otherwise you have no right saying I have a "mind disorder"
    > or a "low level life form", that's just plain ignorant and
    > quite immature for the age you claim to be. I am simply
    > filling a niche in the YouTube community while attributing
    > freesound in accordance with the licences that the uploaders
    > selected. This activity is also in accordance with the
    > Digital Millennium Copyright Act. I suggest you do some
    > reading because clearly you do not understand.
    >
    > Next time you have an issue with someone online, I suggest
    > being professional, because writing paragraphs insulting
    > people isn't going to get you anywhere in life.
    >
    > This will be my last reply to you,
    >
    > -Kyle
    >

I just couldn't let him leave empty handed, now could I?

This conversation would have never taken place if you had honored my request to remove my work from your internet holding, to quit selling them for a little school money.

Ya might wanna look around freesound "Mr. JimiMod's-the-only-one-with-an-issue."
    It's now littered with banners on dozens of home pages; everyone is changing their licensing agreements; everyone is going to suffer because they're sick of you selling work they offer for free to those that treat it with the respect it deserves.
    Traffic across the entire site is going to plummet due to all the intensely worded full page warnings about taking free sounds and profiting from them. It looks for all intents and purposes, as if the artisans here are now DARING people to take their sounds so we can SUE them.

I think I understand just fine. I've been speaking with various contributors and they assure me what I've done will deter you--I wasn't doing anything wrong in the first place except having an expectation I would not be treated in such a shabby manner. There has been many a negative explicative tossed your way, but I'm the only one willing to tell you to your face. You care about no one but yourself (the base definition of a sociopath) and it's horrifyingly obvious to everyone but you. Persons of your ilk are also prone to live in denial, otherwise they'll see who they KNOW they really are in their heart of hearts, and it would crush them.

Please, don't take anything I say as meaningful or true or a lame attempt to get you to act like a human being. What you do is none of my business. It was when you were mistreating my work, and your effect on freesound as a whole will last a long time, but we'll all be okay once you realize everyone is onto you and you have to feed on the trust of others on some other website.

There was never any justification requested from you. There is no justification for how you've chosen to comport yourself among integritous persons.

Good day.

Oh, one last thing--just because something is a law, words on paper, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. I get the distinct feeling, you, and "doing the right thing" may have never even met.

And that my creative integrity-riddled associates, is the unedited version of what transpired between the sludge monster and an Actual Human.

My absolute favorite part is where he says I'm the only person that has taken issue with him, all the while a 14 page forum post dedicated specifically to what a douche bag he is, is treated as though it doesn't exist. Sociopathic to the absolute max. Deny, deny, deny--even to yourself. Really horrifically sad if ya think about it, but man, is it ever fun to watch!

1326 sounds
    1487 posts

I would prefer you don't use this kind of language.
    Also, this is becomeing a hate thread.
    Would not be surprised if it gets locked or removed by the admins.

863 sounds
    837 posts

Please bulbastre, stop this way of writing.

The way of looking like; : "once a thief, always a thief" is not very human.

regards

To hear, you first have to listen