Forums

  • avatar
    770 sounds
    815 posts


    pain in his wallet?
    http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/SoundEffectsFactory

    To hear, you first have to listen
  • avatar
    217 sounds
    164 posts


    WOW
    With that average, monthly income, I could afford proper piano lessons smile

    never mind the bollocks zagi2
  • avatar
    1310 sounds
    1386 posts


    So much for the claim of not making money from the sounds posted

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
  • avatar
    770 sounds
    815 posts


    My system analist is following him all the time the forum runs on all the data he left (and is posting now) on the internet.

    He think this channel is very interesting: https://www.youtube.com/user/HQSFX/videos?view=0

    how will I call it: GAME OVER. hahaha

    EDIT
    : http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/SoundEffectsFactory/otherchans

    and it is all free on the internet. Legal

    To hear, you first have to listen
  • avatar
    1882 sounds
    1711 posts


    klankbeeld wrote:
    My system analist is following him all the time the forum runs on all the data he left (and is posting now) on the internet.

    He think this channel is very interesting: https://www.youtube.com/user/HQSFX/videos?view=0

    Allegedly HQSFX is a "friend" of SEF, rather than an alter-ego.

    SEF and HQFX both link to FreshTunesHQ , http://www.youtube.com/user/FreshTunesHQ , which is described as "Non-Copyrighted music".

    The music tracks on FreshTunesHQ are by various artists who have made them available for free download, ( FreshTunesHQ have just added some soft-porn images ).

    Just because the music download is free of charge that does not make it "Non-Copyrighted music".

    Unless these music tracks have been assigned a CC0 / Public Domain license by the copyright owner, (the musician / their record label), then they are still protected by copyright, and cannot legally be reproduced, (e.g. on another YouTube channel), without explicit permission by the copyright owner.

  • avatar
    0 sounds
    0 posts


    SoundEffectsFactory wrote:
    Ok, I am posting another reply just to let you guys know where I'm at. First of all over half of the videos on my channel have been deleted. I took everyone's advice into consideration and deleted the videos I wouldn't of time to attribute before copyright notifications were filed and other sounds where the original source was not known.

    AlienXXX you still claim there are 8 "violations" still, From around 420 videos that I had before without attribution, I think that only being 8 left now is a big step in the right direction. I have spent countless hours these past few weeks going through my freesound downloads and other internet download history of mine correcting everything. I truly believe I have done everything I can to satisfy and correct my unfortunate mistake here. I have responded to many PM's from artists here and respectively deleted all sounds of theirs even after I correctly attributed. I encourage the remaining artists or any other artists here for that matter to let me know and I'll delete their sound(s) without hesitation. If you believe you need compensation im also open to that, just send me a PM through here.

    On a better note, I am purchasing my own recorder soon (I'm thinking the ZoomH4) and making my own sounds to upload and post them here on freesound to give back to the community.

    This kid is a serial copyright infringer who has been doing this for at least a few years. He has profited thousands of dollars from doing exactly the things he claims "he didn't mean to do" ever since I came to know of him a couple years ago due to a separate issue where he was stealing sounds and music tracks from various websites, posting them as "his own sounds" on a youtube channel, offering share sale survey links to download the files where by youtube users would fill out a survey, he would make revenue from said survey being filled out, then the youtube user would get a download link. He was also running google adsense ads on the videos as well of course.

    He is calculating in his manipulativeness and apparently truly enjoys lying to and stealing from others. When his parents were confronted with the last incident they were truly appalling in their denial that their son could do such a thing, it was sickening to say the least. He is a true ace at pulling the shades over peoples' eyes, including his own family.

    This most recent "incident" which you are all speaking of he had partnered a channel with the a prominent YouTube MCN (multi channel network). The main channel SoundEffectFactory has been taken down for copyright infringement, but certainly not before he made at least a couple to several thousand dollars from it. In the previous incident regarding stealing from licensing websites, he bragged on his youtube channel about "buying a PS3" and other hints as to the monetary gain he had experienced from stealing and profiting from others' hard work.

    He also claimed after that incident (and being caught) that "he was going to buy a ZoomH4 and start recording his own sounds soon". That was almost 2 years ago. He is not only a liar, but apparently too lazy to learn how to create sound effects on his own. It is so much easier to steal other peoples' work and pawn it off as his own of course!

    He is only one of many people (as several of you pointed out throughout the chain) who simply take sounds and music from sites like this, post it on youtube, get their channel partnered, and start to profit from YOUR hard work.

  • avatar
    40 sounds
    29 posts


    falcon12345 wrote:
    When his parents were confronted with the last incident they were truly appalling in their denial that their son could do such a thing, it was sickening to say the least.

    Not that this is now anybody's business. But you and the rest of Audio Micro were very disrespectful to my parents while talking to them on the phone, all they asked for was proof of my intentions and you failed to provide that claiming you would send an email with that "evidence". You never did and blocked all contact. I don't blame them for one second for talking to you like that. Learn how to talk to people.

    falcon12345 wrote:
    In the previous incident regarding stealing from licensing websites, he bragged on his youtube channel about "buying a PS3" and other hints as to the monetary gain he had experienced from stealing and profiting from others' hard work.

    I never "bragged" as you say about purchasing a PS3. Again, not that this is anyone's business but that money to buy it came from a summer job I had previously. You really should be careful about what you put in your quotation marks. Got "evidence" for that?

    falcon12345 wrote:
    He also claimed after that incident (and being caught) that "he was going to buy a ZoomH4 and start recording his own sounds soon". That was almost 2 years ago.

    Hmm. 2 Years ago? Really?

    http://gyazo.com/fae1db7c5c29e0408069b1a07918e393

    Seems like someone is trying to make things worse then they really are. Why don't you get your facts straight along with all your "evidence" and then post a reply instead of making a fool out of yourself. I'm still doing research on sound design and recorders to see where I can get the best value.

    falcon12345 wrote:
    The main channel SoundEffectFactory has been taken down for copyright infringement

    I know why my channel got taken down. It's because AudioMicro (also known as AdRev for claiming) have claimed 4 videos of mine that you had no right to claim. Claiming videos that were correctly attributed with under attribution and creative commons 0 licences from this site along with other sources as well. Even the one sound that did come from Audio Micro I attributed correctly under the contract with my network. Your saying what im doing is illegal? Take a look at yourself and your company. Filing false copyright claims under content you have no right to claim is a serious offence. In fact thats just being plain hippocritical.

  • avatar
    1310 sounds
    1386 posts


    Hello SEF! How are you?
    Thanks for comming out of the shadows!

    You have built quite a crowd of 'fans'!

    I don't know falcon12345. I cannot verify his claims. But I will give him, at least, the benefit of the doubt.
    You, on the other hand, we know for a fact that you are a liar. As you have lied to several people here, again and again.
    Once a liar... always a liar - as far as I am concerned. I will let others make up their own mind on who to believe here.

    Interesting thing, though... Why did you jump in?
    I, mean, we knew you watched from the shadows... But why break the silence? You have got no face to save here. This community already realized what you are up to.
    Unless, of course, you are afraid that others will find this thread, like falcon did, and learn more about you than you would like them to.

    Another thing. Please stop the "I am going to buy a recorder" song.
    You could have bought 10 recorders since you started telling that to people in the Freesound community. (You have probably been saying it to others for even longer). And we KNOW for a fact that you have made enough money with your youtube channels to buy the 10 recorders.

    In fact, I wonder, why you do it at all?
    It would probably give you less work and certainly less bother to create your own sounds than to do what you are doing and keep making up all these stories.
    Forget recorders - great sounds can be recorded (hundreds of examples at freesound) with a webmic for under £5/€8/$8. Surely, you can at least afford that!
    In fact, forget that also. There are thousands of free VST instruments and effects that can be used to create awesome sounds. Again... thousands of examples on Freesound.
    The only explanation is that you do it for the thrill of it. Some sick part of you enjoys stealing from people, lying to people and not being caught.

    You must consider that you have attracted considerable attention now.
    You must consider that lots of people now know what you are doing and also how much money you are making from it.
    Carry on as you are and you risk the crowd of 'fans' becoming a mob that will rip you to shreds.
    You might meet someone with more money and free time than ou realize, who might find it entertaining to take you to court and watch you squirm.
    You may have already met him here at Freesound...

    I wonder what interesting sounds you can record in jail?...

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
  • avatar
    770 sounds
    815 posts


    here are the last (partly) inverstigation results of the channels that are from the same source (SEF);

    . CodNightClub
    . flytheskyHD
    . FreshTunesHQ
    . gamerfreak247
    . HomesliceHobbes
    . HQSFX
    . hqsfx2
    . ironhide68
    . MercuryEditing
    . NintendoMiiTutorials
    . NoLimitEditing
    . NoLimitNitro
    . 100dollarbillls

    1] SEF in Canada
    2] HQSFX sugests that it is settled in US (see youtube-channel) but it is in Canada see his used e-mail: hqsfx@live.ca see youtube comment in film: youtube.com/watch?v=dahiUswtFVE
    3] HQSFX2 in Canada see: socialblade.com/youtube/user/hqsfx2/monthly
    4] HQSFX is freesound user: flytheskyHD
    SoundFXCapital channel deleted as well

    hqsfx en hqsfx2 same owner (same email adress) see point 2] and youtubefilm:
    youtube.com/watch?v=dahiUswtFVE

    The ICT-system is running now for a few days, comparing my database to all these channels. That takes a few weeks, because sometimes just a part of my (longer) sound is used. The manualy work was to much expensive for a secretary. But let's all thank her for her effort. jippy!! :-0 Come one girl, back to the real work. wink........ Oh now Sara, don't hit me, please....

    For them who will check there own sounds start with: HQSFX (running around $ 8000 a year). hqsfx2 is just new (backup-channel) but I guies it wil grow fast. When you find abuse, just contact youtube. A few complanes means END OF STORY FOR THE CHANNEL.

    I had enough with the beautiful story's.

    To hear, you first have to listen
  • avatar
    0 sounds
    0 posts


    SoundEffectsFactory wrote:
    falcon12345 wrote:
    When his parents were confronted with the last incident they were truly appalling in their denial that their son could do such a thing, it was sickening to say the least.

    Not that this is now anybody's business. But you and the rest of Audio Micro were very disrespectful to my parents while talking to them on the phone, all they asked for was proof of my intentions and you failed to provide that claiming you would send an email with that "evidence". You never did and blocked all contact. I don't blame them for one second for talking to you like that. Learn how to talk to people.

    falcon12345 wrote:
    In the previous incident regarding stealing from licensing websites, he bragged on his youtube channel about "buying a PS3" and other hints as to the monetary gain he had experienced from stealing and profiting from others' hard work.

    I never "bragged" as you say about purchasing a PS3. Again, not that this is anyone's business but that money to buy it came from a summer job I had previously. You really should be careful about what you put in your quotation marks. Got "evidence" for that?

    falcon12345 wrote:
    He also claimed after that incident (and being caught) that "he was going to buy a ZoomH4 and start recording his own sounds soon". That was almost 2 years ago.

    Hmm. 2 Years ago? Really?

    http://gyazo.com/fae1db7c5c29e0408069b1a07918e393

    Seems like someone is trying to make things worse then they really are. Why don't you get your facts straight along with all your "evidence" and then post a reply instead of making a fool out of yourself. I'm still doing research on sound design and recorders to see where I can get the best value.

    falcon12345 wrote:
    The main channel SoundEffectFactory has been taken down for copyright infringement

    I know why my channel got taken down. It's because AudioMicro (also known as AdRev for claiming) have claimed 4 videos of mine that you had no right to claim. Claiming videos that were correctly attributed with under attribution and creative commons 0 licences from this site along with other sources as well. Even the one sound that did come from Audio Micro I attributed correctly under the contract with my network. Your saying what im doing is illegal? Take a look at yourself and your company. Filing false copyright claims under content you have no right to claim is a serious offence. In fact thats just being plain hippocritical.

    I just wanted to lend support to the artists here being ripped off by you.

    But just so the artists here can verify the veracity of my earlier post, here is a screen shot regarding the PS3:

    Post on his previous channel which my post refers to (yes it was almost 2 years ago, nothing in my post refers to SoundEffectsFactory, I am referring to his first disgusting misuse of others peoples' work, SoundEffectsCapital.

    http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/1933/204764464913522650391363804987Qn5BLg8GhYHcFYiSp0lc.JPG

    You are a flagrant and pathological liar. Yes, what you are doing is illegal.

    You have no respect for intellectual property right or copyright in general.

    Taking sounds from a free sound web site, not altering them in any way or syncing them to any sort of video production, then monetizing them commercially on youtube, is a violation of youtube's TOS and Copyright rules, and a blatant one.

    Taking any sounds that you did not wholly create yourself and doing the above is illegal/copyright infringement.

    Even if you licensed sound effects, what you are doing would be illegal because you are redistributing them freely and profiting from it and you are not syncing them to any sort of video production or application. They are free standing.

  • avatar
    1310 sounds
    1386 posts


    Hello falcon12345

    Your statement is not absolutely correct. Material at Freesound is published under Creative Commons (CC) licenses. Some forbid commercial use, but not all of them do.
    The most frequently use license is perhaps CC Attribution, which requires attribution to be given to the creator. Re-uploading of unmodified sounds would even be acceptable, if attribution was given.

    This person has, of course, persistently violated this license. By not giving attribution, pretending to have made the sounds himself or mis-representing the sounds as public domain or CC0.

    The CC0 license is, in effect, public domain. Requires no attribution and makes no limitations or exclusions on how the sound can be used. There are plenty of sounds released under CC0 at Freesound. Why SEF insists on stealing the other sounds is beyond me.

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
  • avatar
    0 sounds
    0 posts


    AlienXXX wrote:
    Hello falcon12345

    Your statement is not absolutely correct. Material at Freesound is published under Creative Commons (CC) licenses. Some forbid commercial use, but not all of them do.
    The most frequently use license is perhaps CC Attribution, which requires attribution to be given to the creator. Re-uploading of unmodified sounds would even be acceptable, if attribution was given.

    This person has, of course, persistently violated this license. By not giving attribution, pretending to have made the sounds himself or mis-representing the sounds as public domain or CC0.

    The CC0 license is, in effect, public domain. Requires no attribution and makes no limitations or exclusions on how the sound can be used. There are plenty of sounds released under CC0 at Freesound. Why SEF insists on stealing the other sounds is beyond me.

    I am referring to youtube's TOS. Not this site's.

  • avatar
    1310 sounds
    1386 posts


    Thanks for clarifying.

    I did not want someone to read your post and getting scared that if they use a sound from Freesound on a video that is illegal and we will come after them - that is what the sounds are here for.
    But we ask for the terms of the licenses to be respected.

    hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
  • avatar
    1086 sounds
    395 posts


    klankbeeld wrote:
    The ICT-system is running now for a few days, comparing my database to all these channels. That takes a few weeks, because sometimes just a part of my (longer) sound is used.

    That sounds amazing. Didn't Freesound use a proprietary sound-matching software for avoiding illegal sound uploads as well? Is it the same software?

    Try the channel "UnwatchableVideos"... 25,000 sounds.

    Click here to lend your support to: Freesound 2011 donations and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !
    Donate to Freesound.org
    so it can serve even more and better sounds to you in the future!
  • avatar
    142 sounds
    1279 posts


    What happened to falcon's account?

    Did I miss something?


    I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

    ╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
  • avatar
    0 sounds
    5 posts


    Head-Phaze wrote:
    What happened to falcon's account?

    Did I miss something?

    Hi Head-phaze, no I deleted it myself temporarily. SEF's response was so absurd, dishonest (big surprise there), off base and unintelligent I thought better to not expose myself any further.

    If you have any more questions or want to see any more screen shots from his prior channel though, I do have them at the ready. Cheers.

  • avatar
    142 sounds
    1279 posts


    falcon12345 wrote:

    Hi Head-phaze, no I deleted it myself temporarily. SEF's response was so absurd, dishonest (big surprise there), off base and unintelligent I thought better to not expose myself any further.

    If you have any more questions or want to see any more screen shots from his prior channel though, I do have them at the ready. Cheers.

    That was a virtuous action you took.

    No further questions. I was just curious as to why your account got deleted, considering that you were helping the situation by doing some research.

    Welcome back smile


    I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

    ╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
  • avatar
    0 sounds
    5 posts


    Head-Phaze wrote:
    falcon12345 wrote:

    Hi Head-phaze, no I deleted it myself temporarily. SEF's response was so absurd, dishonest (big surprise there), off base and unintelligent I thought better to not expose myself any further.

    If you have any more questions or want to see any more screen shots from his prior channel though, I do have them at the ready. Cheers.

    That was a virtuous action you took.

    No further questions. I was just curious as to why your account got deleted, considering that you were helping the situation by doing some research.

    Welcome back smile

    Cheers!

  • avatar
    37 sounds
    1 post


    Hi guys,

    Sorry for the delayed message, but life keeps me busy...

    Upon receiving a message that one of my sounds was posted on youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbY7AHvFzHk ) by user ‘SoundEffectsFactory’ without proper CC attribution, I was able to make youtube remove it.

    Here the answer by youtube's 'legal service':

    Hi there,

    Thank you very much for your notification. The content has been removed.

    Regards,

    Claude
    The YouTube Team

    Success to all the other users who have to go through the same procedure because of one impolite person.

  • avatar
    43 sounds
    14 posts


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTA4CkVquFc

    Claims to dispute
    "Flowers for Bodysnatchers-S'effondrer", sound recording administered by:
    CD Baby

    This video contains the material at issue, but the material is in the public domain or is not eligible for copyright protection.
    Explanation
    In the video, I did say and I quote: Air Raid Sound: carterattack.mp3 http://www.freesound.org/people/guitarguy1985/sounds/57808/ guitarguy1985. This work is licensed under the Attribution License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ You are free: to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work to Remix — to adapt the work to make commercial use of the work Also I looked at Flowers for Bodysnatchers (http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/flowersforbodysnatchers3) There is No Track called: carterattack.