Forums

4 posts

12 sounds
    1 post
    Non-commercial use in theatre

For a while I've been using freesound for various effects in theatrical productions. Up until now I've been avoiding any NC licensed sounds, but reading back over the licence text and other people's comments, I'm not longer sure whether our (ticketed entrance, but amateur productions, as a registered charity in England and Wales) would be incompatible with the NC licence. The phrase 'You may not exercise any of the rights granted to You in Section 3 above in any manner that is primarily intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation' could probably be read either way in this context...

Any opinions?

763 sounds
    815 posts

My opinion

(ticketed entrance, but amateur productions, as a registered charity in England and Wales)

!! That is not commercial!!

Use my sound for your production and give freesound and me the credits.
    I think most of the freesounders will think that way?

Someone?

To hear, you first have to listen
    70 sounds
    174 posts

I totally agree klankbeeld!

Record all the crap you can!! doesnt matter if it sounds like shit. Click here to lend your support to: Freesound 2011-2012 donations and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !
    39 sounds
    57 posts

agree! I.e.: I used the sounds for state theatre, which is subsidized, but not allowed to make profit. Therefore it's non-commercial use and ok. Credit in the bill!

audio.burkay.at soundcloud.com/burkay

4 posts