Forums

828 sounds
    73 posts

Hi everybody,

has anybody had the chance to try this microphone? The data is just like that of the Audio Technica AT 825, with the difference, that the price is s.th. like EUR 59,00.

For the factsheet please use this link: http://www.superlux.com.tw/en/pdf/E523HPA_E.pdf

It would be great to compare both!

Inchadney

0 sounds
    2 posts

well, I don't have any recording equipment, or knowledge about audio editing [except occasionally in Audacity]. I could probably pull off something, but not likely as good as people with more experience; Maybe one of these days... but the contest deadline is June 20th.

So if anyone wants to download my video: tinyurl.com/3aunlb [75MB] and thinks they can make some sweet sound for those parts, I'll gladly add you to the credits.

433 sounds
    228 posts

Can anyone hand me 2 samples of a Glock handgun being fired and reloaded?

6 sounds
    10 posts

For general purpose field & studio work - the Rode NT4 is an excellent choice. I really love that mic!!

Very low self-noise too.

If you're going to be doing lots of work in various locations, it performs great.

If you're after an amazing studio condenser, then my very first and highest recommendation would be for the AKG 414. I've yet to use a finer mic - and that includes lots of high-end gear too!

0 sounds
    1 post

for the microphone sound shout yourself and add a some distortion and treble .. that would do the job wink

3 sounds
    25 posts

Soarer
    I always recorded with the mics clipped onto a pencil for stereo rec.
    They do have low end but my recordings sound quite weak compared to those from the condenser.

This is one of the main problems. Binaural means that the mics are designed to be used in ear or in the vicinity of the ear, relying on the larger surface of the sides of the head to provide some pressure zone for lower frequencies.

In a way, binaural microphones function as a type of pressure-zone microphone; particularly for low frequency response. In fact, Crown makes a nice binaural microphone using two PZMs, called SASS.

Binaural microphones also rely upon some type of barrier between for stereo separation. Clipped onto a pencil, you would not have that. Mounted in someone's ears, you have a very nice barrier.

Also, if you had them clipped to a pencil, chances are that you were not getting the required separation.

That does seem to be a pretty crummy signal to noise ratio, but even with these mics, you would get much better sounding recordings if you used them in the fashion they were designed to be used in.

If you don't like the idea of putting the mics in your ears, or if they don't fit, try clipping them to the temple pieces of a pair of glasses, with the elements as close to the ear position as possible. You'll be much happier with the result and the sound will sound much 'bigger' than co-located mics on a pencil.

-Scott

1 sound
    16 posts

My only option has been using the binaurals with my minidisc because of the plugin power. I then use to record that into my computer. I always recorded with the mics clipped onto a pencil for stereo rec.
    They do have low end but my recordings sound quite weak compared to those from the condenser.

Their s/n is 65 db. The AKG 451 is 76 db. Quite a difference! And it's very easy to hear on the recordings.

I'm quite certain by now that I'm not going to buy the AKG 451's. Their sensitivity is low and they seem to be better for drums.

I am going to have a look at the Audio Technica AE5100. It's a large capsule condenser which is supposed to have a warm, rich and accurate sound. Their s/n is 83 db! That must be very low noise if I understand correctly.

Also the Rode NT-3 and NT-4 look interesting and they are battery powered so that means that I can take them outside for field recordings.

1134 sounds
    284 posts

There is a big download button over there - right click and select 'save as'.

0 sounds
    2 posts

i tried that already, and it drops me in another page where it is enlarged, but gives me no options to save or where it maybe saved on my harddrive

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Could sum1 please leve uick rply telling me hat im doing wrong

You forgot to read the FAQ... your answer is here: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1580

0 sounds
    2 posts

Im trying to download samples. Its droping me into a mini quicktime player, and giving me no destination file save option. It says i have downloaded them in the data block on left of screen. If i have downloaded them, where are they.

Could sum1 please leave a quick reply telling me what im doing wrong

Cheers

0 sounds
    2 posts

I just finished an Anime Music Video, but there are two parts in the song I would like to add some extra sound.

Here is the video: tinyurl.com/3aunlb (I'm guessing there's some reason I can't post a link regularly?)
    It's kinda big [75MB] because its 59.94fps, but you guys are Audio people, so I won't bore you with the Video details tongue

i. one part occurs at 0:52---> I need the sound of someone yelling into a police radio
    ii. the other part involves the entire ending sequence---> I would like a more realistic stadium crowd [yeah... I added that myself :\ ]

Also, I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm going about this the wrong way.
    For those that help me, I can even put you in the ending Credits wink

3 sounds
    25 posts

Are you using the binaural mics in your ears or next to your head, or just dangling in the open? They have to be used in/near a boundary like the sides of your head, to have any low end sensitivity.

Also, the noise is going to be quite a bit a function of the pre-amp that you are using with them. How are you amplifying the signals from them?

-Scott

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hey Glaneur viens au Québec, c'est tout près des États-Unis, c'est beau, et en plus on parle français!

English: Hey Glaneur come to Québec, i'ts close to the States, it's beautiful and we speak french!

17 sounds
    224 posts

Or if you're on windows just right click the Download button, then click "save target as".

828 sounds
    73 posts

I would love to operate my Audio Technica AT 822 unbalanced microphone on the FR2LE. The signal is extremly week, when I use the normal cable. I also tried XLR adapters, but no difference. Is there a solution ?

Thanks for your help!

Inchadney

433 sounds
    197 posts

Why go to the trouble of actually making a high frequency sound that is inaudible to humans anyways? if this is for a video or something, then the audience wont be able to hear the sound in the first place, so wouldn't it be easier to just have no sound at all?

121 sounds
    1544 posts

as halleck says, it depends on the license...

give us an example of a song (with it's license) and we'll say if it's ok to upload slices.

- bram

1 sound
    16 posts

Thanks. Now I am wondering if it would be better to get a mic with a larger diaphragm like that SE condensator mic
    in order to get that crispiness and warmth? The C 451B is said to be precise and not coloring the sound. That's fine but if I can get
    more warmth and crispiness I'd rather have that. Anyone know if I can even get that? Maybe I've gone too obsessed with this...

I have been able to take an AKG C451B mic home from the shop to try it out.
    It sounds great and it definitely has low end. I really like that it is very low noise and small too.
    Makes it great for field recordings. I'll have to compare it with other mics.

More comments are most welcome. I am quite lost here...

233 sounds
    41 posts

Hi.

I often use two C451Bs for recording drums as overhead. The sound is pretty good. It suits almost all music instruments. C451B is a special microphone that makes you happy with the sound. You may be thinking of less expensive one, but my advice is that you should manage to get C451B. Ordinary cardioid microphones can't match it. The price is high, yes, but you'll be able to understand the reason.