Forums

0 sounds
    1 post

I am looking for the Podcast sounds that comes with GarageBand3 to complete tutorials I am working on. They load into the Loops Editor and they come in folders labeled Jingles, Stingers, and Sound Effects. Can anyone help me find them?

Thanks for your help.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Thanks to yewbic for 40106__yewbic__ubPunch11_175bpm & 38593__yewbic__ubik_percussionBreak_175bpm_, I also used another one from someone else labelled as 175 bpm but it converted to 44.1k from whatever, so it was off tempo and was removed.

http://www.archive.org/details/freejustinfinalchapter

If anyone hears a sound that may have made it into a folder before the file names were changed that is not attributed, let me know.

4677 sounds
    376 posts

It looks as if the story is over for now until 2112, thanks to all who tried to respond in time to get him out. Thanks again.

See my post in songs made with freesounds forum.

0 sounds
    6 posts

thats right!

i need someone to command "hug me" for a sample

doesnt have to be kind or polite, or even particulary agressive; a mixture would be best smile

thanks guys tongue

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hello everybody!

I want to build an expression pedal as a little hobby project and maybe move on to more serious electronic stuff later. Could someone help me out with some info, like what kind of pots I have to use?

102 sounds
    25 posts

Hello, click on the waveform or the sample title, wait for it to load then right click and save target as in the download box.

0 sounds
    1 post

Why I cant download sample in computers? I really cant? This sample which I want download I cant download in computers but only listening? Sorry for my English Im not English Im from Latvia!!!

0 sounds
    3 posts

Sorry for bringing up this old topic, but in my opinion the game company can't be forced to credit the sounds that someone used to make the soundtrack. This is one step too far, because the game company only uses a "song" and not "sounds".

Just an example: Let's say you create a sound of a very cool snare drum. Now, someone uses it and creates a nice song out of it. Then he has to credit you, and that can be done on his homepage or inside the CD cover or wherever.
    But now, someone makes a film and wants to use the song inside the film. He would just have to credit the musician, since he's using his song, but it's not his job to also credit the creator of the cool snare drum.

The same should apply to the game. If the game company has to credit someone, it's the musician of the soundtrack, and not the creators of the samples he used. Of course, if the game company uses some additional sound EFFECTS (for shooting etc) that they downloaded from freesound, they also have to credit those. Also if they compose the music by themselves. But not if they buy a finished song.

0 sounds
    1 post

Is there any website which has a collection of samples of people talking about animals?

Thanks.

17 sounds
    4 posts

martian
    you think the new version has changed alot compared to original 70's? ( can't remember..) I bet it sounds better but similiar now...

I know they used a wire on a telegraph pole for some of the gun sounds...

was that randy thom or ben burt?

pehaps some phasing distortion on the fridge - feel your way down the keyboard ?

Pretty sure it was Ben Burt.

The original Vader breathing sound IIRC was a SCUBA oxygen regulator valve recorded with a small mic stuck way down inside the tank and maybe reverb-d a bit. If you listen closely there's a subtle clicking sound at each inhale/exhale.

0 sounds
    2 posts

Yes. everything is free, no need to ask if its legal.

0 sounds
    2 posts

I was just going to say, you should take a look at cell phone wallpaper site they have ringtones and wallpapers, and perhaps you can work with them or see what they are doing!

17 sounds
    224 posts

Try searching for "snare" next time. It didn't take long for me wink

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=46565

17 sounds
    224 posts

Hey post a piece of music and I'll try to spot what's wrong. I use reason so if you can send it to me in RPS (Reason Published Song) It would be even better.

17 sounds
    224 posts

Here is my take on the Darth Vader breathing sound. It might need a little pitching down, but I think it's good.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=48602

4 sounds
    31 posts

Might be mentioned before, but I haven't found.
    Just need any phrases or better dialogues on Scottish and Irish dialect of English. Ken whit ah mean? smile
    Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks.

102 sounds
    25 posts

Thanks - It's always difficult making equipment-buying decisions. I'll probably hold on to my minidisc recorder for the time being as the sound quality is ok. Saying that, the Fostex FR2 LE looks pretty good smile Listened to your recordings with the NT4 which are great.
    Cheers.

0 sounds
    1 post

FWIW, it boils down to the following -

1. Money/budget.
    The mac is and always has been the expensive option. Why? Reliability. I can speak from experience, as I've been producing in some of the world's best studios for the last 15 years. This isn't meant as bragging rights, more so to show my investigation background!! smile

The PC has always up until recently been less reliable than the Mac. They are MUCH better now (although all bets are off until Vista settles down! grin)

2. Audio hardware & software
    The audio/MIDI hardware is in essence the same, no matter what platform you go for. ProTools (the A&R's favourite wink ) is mutli-platform too. As is Cubase and Reason.
    If you want to use Logic, you're stuck with Mac.

Some of the more esoteric (in other words, interesting!) soft synths and plugins are also platform native.

Personally, I'm using a MacPro with Logic Studio 8, but I'm doing a wide range of music from Commercial pop to underground dance. I need something that can deliver it all. Plus I've also got a load of real synths, samplers etc as plugins will only take you so far.

The platform, as others have intimated, isn't that important - it's your ideas that count, and how resourceful you are in creating your sound with the equipment you've got.
    There's very little point, unless you WANT to, in spending a load of money on equipment that won't earn you anything back (if that is your goal)

Most people start of with a PC or even Atari (!), a synth, or sampler, cubase/reason....... and take it from there. it will cost muc hless than a new computer and all the stuff that goes with it..... smile
    also, to get the actual sound you want is also an art in itself. Get to your local college and look at a course in Music tech or Sound Engineering. This is how I started (MANY MANY years ago!!)
    Learn the rules before you break em wink

Might not be the answer you were looking for, but hope it helps anyway smile

Dan

606 sounds
    276 posts

chipfork
    Hi - Just taken the plunge and ordered an Audio Technica 822 mic to replace my elderly Sony MS 907. I'd narrowed down the AT with a Rode NT4 and, after doing research on both, decided on the AT due to its favourable user reviews and listening to Freesound member RHumphries fantastic thunder recordings. Cheers.

It's a great mic, I am sure you will both be very happy together smile

digifish

7 sounds
    1 post

Hi there. I uploaded a file with a few different intonations.