Forums

251 sounds
    27 posts

Shortcircuit is good and free. You can get it here: http://vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php

858 sounds
    73 posts

Well, on the other hand there is still a lot going for minidisk recorders. I think that often the preamps produce less hiss then on some other recorders and you can devide a track easy and erase the part, you don´t want. Plus, there is the storage away from the computer.

A HiMD recoder records in the PCM mode, which is uncompressed audio.

Microphones: well the Soundman OKM binaural microphones are great and the Shure wl187s or try to do your own setup with Panasonic microphone capsules you can buy at Ebay for just a few pounds.: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,94446.0.html

0 sounds
    49 posts

I've been using battery for a long time.

It's a great piece of software once you get to know how to use it. The latest incarnations are especially good.

0 sounds
    49 posts

Here is a nice Freq Chart too.

0 sounds
    49 posts

tweeterdj

You know what, that's exactly the kind of thinking that prevents people from making good recordings at home. You don't need to eliminate every single noise that you hear, you need to discriminate between "noise" and "sounds". If you use filters, gates or anything similar in the signal path of your recording, you will lose quality, even if you think you're making things sound nicer. I by no means have a top notch room, nor do I have top notch equipment, but I can make nice sounding recordings without filters or gates because I know what will sound like noise and what might just be a sound. Sometimes a little extra sound can make it more human, though admittedly you might not want it TOO apparent!
    Anyway, I just think if you start trying to have the cleanest recording in the world with gates and filters you will end up with a lifeless mess of a recording, so why not just record clean and worry about things afterwards?

Don't a agree. Using a gate will not mean thats your audio loses quality.

Using EQ etc might add some issues - but really, the average guy is not going to hear the tiniest of phase issues - they might however hear (or at least appreciate) the benifit of removing the gunk below 120Hz of a vocal. But it really is the lesser of two evils.

EQ it, compress it, gate it, do whatever you want to it. If you want purity... go to a nice expensive recording studio and use some nice expensive mics, desks and recording rooms.

You can't leave room noise on a recording when your room has not been treated. It'll sound crap - it won't translate well on tinny systems and people will point at laugh :wink:

2 sounds
    19 posts

tweeterdj
    thetruwu
    Hey, I'm Will and I work as a sound editor in NYC. I introduced myself before, but I figure I'll do it again *and* add a picture smile

Hope to chat with more of you soon.

Peace,
    W

Hey Will, nice shirt! You a Canuck? cool

Nope, I got it from a friend who was a Canuck though...so maybe I'm an honorary Canuck? Dunno smile

and...uh...thanks Kat....? hehe wink

-Will

975 sounds
    145 posts

GO Freesound You are in this months CM Magzine with all the tips and tricks to making " TA DA " Dub Step! Way to go Brams, your site kicks more butt than an entire cafeteria of children that just quit smoking?!

975 sounds
    145 posts

sample american history X dude. . . . . . . Just credit them. Thats the worst I ever hear.....

975 sounds
    145 posts

Sound Designer. I love Richard Devine's Stuff man!.
    Go Will........ Oh and..... Nice pants..........

- Kat

975 sounds
    145 posts

your best bet to a free vst sampler is to build your own sound font file with all the notes to different loops. Other than that battery is the shit. It is geared twords percussion but KONTAKT is sweet to especially if you get the Sonic Couture Scriptorium. I think theres an Akai S2000 vsti as well but I dont exactly know where. . . . .

2 sounds
    19 posts

I feel like your money might be better spent if you bought a Zoom H4 instead. It would be about the same cost, and the H4's built-in mics sound pretty darn good for the price. I've never recorded with an atr-25, but the reviews didn't look too promising to me. Also, keep in mind that minidisc recorders don't do mp3's; they use the ATRAC3plus format. It wouldn't be an issue if you only plan to record uncompressed audio, but it's something to keep in mind.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-H4-Handy-Recorder-512mb/dp/B000L0I0YC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1209624520&sr=1-1

Just my two cents. Best of luck with whatever you end up getting smile

-Will

1122 sounds
    402 posts

stickman
    well, i will make u a deal.. upload any 3 (legal) sounds.. and as soon as you do that i will spit some of the most foul racist bullshit you've ever heard in your life in semi-authentic redneck dialect... (born and raised in the south but not inbred). (btw; i only like queers and coloreds) something akin to this.. cept differnt.... http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=51640
    Neat! Sound vs Voice trade!

2 sounds
    19 posts

I use Kontakt, but that's $399. Personally I think it's totally worth the price, but it definitely is costly. Battery ($299) is another good choice (and also made by Native Instruments), but it's more geared towards percussion, and is also expensive sad

I did a quick search and found this: http://www.vstcentral.com/plugins.aspx?mode=1&search=sampler&perPage=160

Dunno if any of those are any good, but it's a pretty hefty list. Also, you can get a copy of this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/250.html

if you buy a copy of Computer Music magazine (which runs about $15 an issue...Barnes and Noble should stock it). They usually include a sample dvd with a bunch of their vst instruments with every copy of their magazine (which is decent). You might also be able to find a copy of it online...I don't know whether it's technically freeware or not, but it seems like it should be.

Hope this helps.

-Will

3115 sounds
    315 posts

Here is a female version.
    We hope it is useful!

0 sounds
    1 post

try nailz 161 at my space i write what ur lookin for or email me at nailz161@gmail.com

102 sounds
    25 posts

Hello, the minidisc mic input is stereo. Cheers.

0 sounds
    1 post

I'm looking for a sound file like you would hear if the DJ on the radio didn't like the music playing on the turntable and grabbed the record without removing the needle first...a long scratching sound as the needle is drug across the grooves of the vinyl record...

This is for a school project and I sure would appreciate any pointers to this kind of file.

Thanks for any assistance...

Rich

185 sounds
    79 posts

Does this work better? http://www.mikevendetti.com/voices/ANGLEA.mp3

0 sounds
    1 post

Заходите! Просто дочитайте все до конца. Все не сложно. какойто Сергей все описывает.не пожелейте 5 минут. вчера 54 бакса заработал. online-webmoney.info

0 sounds
    4 posts

Let me be a bit more specific and say that I want one that is free or extremely inexpensive. I found HALion and VSampler etc. and they are like $300. I can't afford that!