Forums

0 sounds
    22 posts

hmmm, I need something more masculine and not so growl like saw basically.(man i hate being picky on these request).

435 sounds
    137 posts

There's nothing quite as creepy as a child saying something sinister... so here ya go.

My five year old (with the help of some pitch adjustment) is saying "you're running out of time"

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=32167

I'm afraid the other stuff you're looking for - (if they're samples from the movie) will not (or should not) be found on freesound.

But - on that note - if you requested certain phrases that sounded LIKE quotes from the movie - that would be ok I think.

Let me know if that worked. (the original with no pitch adj is here: http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=32168 )

0 sounds
    2 posts

OOOPS! Forgot: good vocal mics are pretty easy to fin at GuitarCenter InstrumentPro and MusiciansFriend - all ".com"s. MONITORS: the BEST, I think, are Behringer Truth active matched pairs (2030's or 2031s?) - again at those three gear websites.

0 sounds
    7 posts

Two tracks with samples by Jovica and sleep.

http://freexound.wordpress.com/2007/03/10/hello-world/

http://freexound.wordpress.com/2007/03/10/sixty-done-02/

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi there! There are a few really good recording programs out there. I use Adobe Audition 2.0 ($349 from Adobe, $149 student price). There is also Sony Acid Studio 6.0 (I think was around $120 - maybe less). Both work on the same principle that you create single "tracks" of each sound/instrument in record/edit mode that you want, and then combine them in the "mix." Adobe's tutorials are great. Sony doesn't have oner but may be a simpler program. You can download a free trial of Audition and it is well worth it! You get 30 days to try it out, then you either buy it or your trial expires (which is really that you can still use it, but you have to go through a few hoops to get back into the program).

For actual gear between your instrument and your computer: you will need an outboard mixer and direct box for anything. Behringer makes wonderful products. And not too expensive generally. There is a guy on Ebay who sells some inexpensive gear and also a very helpful downloadable booklet on building a home recodring studio. Do a search there and contact him. he is honest and fair and has experience and good advice. I bought a sound card and a mixer from him (both new) for under $150!!!! Plus, he's open to questions....

Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck!

Gr8Shiva

178 sounds
    738 posts

Hmmm okay. I can ask him, but I can't say for sure if he will agree.
    I will investigate the possibility of bribing him with tacos.

12 sounds
    56 posts

Halleck
    I'll be sure to show these to Jack (the guy who spoke for my recording.)
    He'll probably think they are wierd but whatever. grin

When he first did his recording, did you notice that voiced it rather than whispering as in the original. Nothing wrong with that, because I found something interesting to do with it.

But do you think you could get him to do another one, and whisper it this time? Even a hoarse whisper would be fine -- just have him listen to the original again and imitate it as closely as possible. Then I could try putting something together with his two versions together. It might be interesting...

And, of course, anyone else can still submit new files for this; please go here for details.

Thanks...

0 sounds
    22 posts

I need "you're running out of time" slow, steady, deep and kind of creepy, also does anyone know where I could possibly get some Saw(the movie) samples or where I could sample it myself.

Once again I will return any favor possible for this sample, oh and I swear I will actually use it this time.

28 sounds
    287 posts

just to let you know I've just had a big update. lots of work completed today!

28 sounds
    287 posts

glad you're fixing it bram man. keep up the good work!

435 sounds
    137 posts

I had an image in my mind of the sentinels from the matrix, crawling all over the sounds.

121 sounds
    1538 posts

yesterday i figured out what was killing freesound: googlebot!

it was crawling thousands of pages @ freesound!

so, i made some changes and everything should be a bit better now.

I hope it'll stop destroying the database performace soon, but killing access to google seems like a really bad idea, so let's sit tight and wait for it to lose interest! smile

- bram

435 sounds
    137 posts

Here's my simplest setup for grabbing audio.

http://upload7.postimage.org/133662/hookup.jpg

435 sounds
    137 posts

I threw out my dot matrix YEARS ago... but I know where a daisy wheel typewriter is - so I'll try and record that on Monday or so.

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Welcome you all, good to see new active Freesounders! grin

178 sounds
    738 posts

Sounds interesting. There are some cool printers on Freesound but I don't recall seeing anything specifically of a dot matrix.

Wish I knew someone that still had a working one so I could record it. smile

178 sounds
    738 posts

Yeah I recall something similar. I think you can work around it by clicking "pan+user zoom" right?

I'll have to try reproducing this again.

178 sounds
    738 posts

Just off the top of my head, I'd reccomend that you try a dedicated FTP client instead of the FTP applet if that's what you are using. Search around, there are some good reccomendations here depending on your platform.

This does appear to be an uploading problem, right? As in the FTP client gives you some error and the files don't show up in the Freesound description area.

178 sounds
    738 posts

krish, you might want to look into Splice for that kind of functionality.

178 sounds
    738 posts

Holy crap this is cool!

I'll be sure to show these to Jack (the guy who spoke for my recording.)
    He'll probably think they are wierd but whatever. grin