Forums

0 sounds
    2 posts

My ride always sounds crappy because it's the same one-shot over and over.....really would like a bar or two of 8th's and/or 1/4's been looking forever....I'm new to this site but it is great...found awesome snare's and toms! Thanks!

0 sounds
    2 posts

The light sabre sound is a mic with a broken (exposed wires?) cord. When he walked past the TV it made a huge energy noise and noticed when he moved it around by the tv the sound was similar to what he thought an energy sword wound like.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi Everybody!

I'm looking for a short tune that signifies a wrong answer, like when your answer is correct there is a cheerful sound like :"TADA!" and when it's wrong there is a mocking trumpeti sound like: "Wha Wha Wha Wha..."(going down scale), does anyone know what I'm talking about or how can I find such a sound?

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

0 sounds
    6 posts

Hi Jobro,

I use virtualdj, you can load any sample into it and map it to your virtual vinyl, great fun for experimenting with stuff!
    Best
    Alex

0 sounds
    49 posts

Depends what sound you are going for.

If you want an authentic classical guitar sound then you will not get it with the pick-ups unless you pay alot for it.

If you were playing something like Massive Attacks 'TearDrop' like Jose Gonzalez however the buzz and the closeness of the sound could work - especially with effects like delay and light distortion. If you ran it through a tube pre it'd be nice too.

The best idea like someone mentioned before would be to use both mic and direct in. Use the mic - a good condensor for the realism and the direct in as the presence and clarity.

If your only option is to use ur pick-ups... then try reducing the highs on the built in EQ. Try running it through a good room reverb and try either a quick compressor to contain the attack or a transient shaper. There is a free transient shaper called flux which you can get from www.kvraudio.com .
    You could try tube emulation as well.

Mike

0 sounds
    1 post

When creating music/audio - anything in a program say for example FL Studio (Better to get the sound right at the roots hey rather than heavy editing later) - What is the best way to avoid overlapping of sounds for a clean mix. I tend to produce techno -

Perhaps people can post different methods.

I find that in quite a few of my tracks I find it hard sometimes to mix the drums/beat and the synths. Even cutting some basslines off using a para EQ.

I'd like to hear diff opinions and methods. I've been doing this for a while just getting used to FL stud.

0 sounds
    1 post

I have achieved more than decent results recording direct with my Takamine.

When in the studio, I use relatively short-length cables to cut back on noise. I run a gold-plated Mogami cable from my Takamine's out into an ART tube pre-amp. I keep the gain on the preamp relatively low and run another gold-plated cable from the preamp into my Focusrite Saffire firewire interface. Using the Saffire's onboard DSP effects I can get a very warm natural tone. Definitely a mixture of the tube warmth and the mild from the DSP.

I currently use Cubase at the front of my DAW, and run to Reason from there for MIDI editing and final mixdown.

I'm sure it doesn't compare to simply recording with a quality mic in a quality room but for me it works excellent and allows me to sing simultaneously and keep the tracks very independent.

Good luck.

0 sounds
    24 posts

Let's me added some needed details you don't have to be a black person for the male lyrics.
    You just have to be funny on the mic and thank again to everybody!

0 sounds
    24 posts

Can somebody do a Kermit the frog or miss piggy?!? Yes we're serious and looking for both voices!

0 sounds
    24 posts

Did I also mention it a parody ladies? So yea we also would love for a guy to do the part for the male singer lyric please go ahead and request for the parody lyric sheet and thank you!

0 sounds
    24 posts

Fresh G
    I can try and do it with a deep Barry White type voice. Plus I don't want money. Sounds good, huh?

You can do Barry White voice? Any chance we can borrow a couple of vocal licks from you guy? sad

0 sounds
    4 posts

anyone?

0 sounds
    1 post

Hello! i'm new here too! thought I'd nudge ya back! smile

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi everybody, i want to get sounds for flash web site. sounds like clicks and beeps.
    so, where can i download them from?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Nick

434 sounds
    230 posts

Quick questio: How do you scratch it? What program are you using? Just curious.

0 sounds
    4 posts

I have the phrase "Is anybody there ?" as a ring sound on my mobile phone but I have no idea whether it has anything to do with "Back to the Future".

Paddy

0 sounds
    6 posts

Okay, I'm not mad (sort of) but:

I'm recording a hiphop spoof about a guy who looks like a MOLE,

Anyone feel like recording this sentince: "STOP PULLING THAT MOLE FACE!!!" ?
    Any funy, serious sexy style of voice would do, as I intend to scratch the sample on virtual vinyl

Thanks in advance!
    Alex

alkex.com

13 sounds
    1 post

Nice tunes, I agree with ERH, longer tracks would be great!
    I'm proud you used my drumsamples there that way, thanks man !

Any way to download your tracks NOT using "download helper" (firefox plugin) ?

Good luck

0 sounds
    6 posts

Dear kscanlon,

I must be making a mistake, I can't find the sound you uploaded, any ideas?
    Thanks so much for your contribution

Alex

434 sounds
    230 posts

Watch this video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfrKqFp0Zg Anyone who can locate / record similar samples, and prefered with not much reverb around.