Forums

1134 sounds
    284 posts

Just read your article (yeah, rather late, I know) and have to agree with others here that this is a very good read. Like you, I like collecting sounds and there are many useful tips here. To trade sounds for sounds with websites is a very interesting option I have so far never considered (because I couldn't think of it!) and that is very useful. Thanks for writing it!

- LG

121 sounds
    1545 posts

what about...
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=24205
    and
    http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=42788

( there's a search on the left wink )

- bram

0 sounds
    2 posts

Acoustic-Memory is a memory game with sound. The goal of the game is to find all pairs of cards with the same sound.

The game now provides sample sound files collected from the freesound project.

This game is distributed under the term of the GNU General Public License (GPL) and can be downloaded for free on the project homepage:
    http://acoustic-memory.sourceforge.net

Have fun!

http://www.postimage.org/aV1aJM6A.jpg

0 sounds
    2 posts

I just want to inform you that the sound preview does not work with the free flash player Gnash (www.gnu.org/software/gnash/).
    On my system I can not use the flash player from Adobe, because they do not provide a 64bit Version.

Also it would be great if a site that provides sounds with a free license also works with free software :wink:

0 sounds
    3 posts

I've heard orchestras tune up in rather apocalyptic fashion-you know, atonal swells of trills and moans. This doesn't need to be too long, maybe a minute, and doesn't need to be melodic in any way. I have checked the site, and though there are several similar files posted, all have loud audience noise.

I cannot afford to sit close enough to an orchestra to do this myself ;<wink. In fact, I'm not sure I could afford to sit within line of sight...

Veritable seas of gratitude to anyone who can get this!

0 sounds
    1 post

I really enjoyed reading your post, that was awesome. This is my first post to this site, and yours is the 1st article I've read. What a way to get started! I'm a guitar player who has 'backed into' the world of electronic music by playing guitar along with dj's, and computer noise junkies. So...I've started writing my own stuff with bleeps and blips, and an am having a blast. Your tips are the greatest help I could have ever asked for to get going.

Thanks!!

0 sounds
    1 post

I was just wondering where I can get cartoon sound effects on here. Can someone help me?

231 sounds
    129 posts

well if you are mac based then the audiofinder app is great by iced audio - love it

perhaps snapper by audio ease might help? or is that mac only?

121 sounds
    1545 posts

I sent you an example for a color file to your gmail, hardpcm.

better keep the colorfile example in the repository for the color-file-generation program.

- bram

0 sounds
    215 posts

can you put in the repository the text color file of the test sound for reference purpose

0 sounds
    2 posts

Problem solved - there where to many browser-abs open !

231 sounds
    129 posts

tummy rumbles? that is!

anyone got some nice one? I found 3 up here - 1 i put up a while back- had been a long time between meals when I was recording some toys...

nannygrimshaw and big fat seal - pretty good - fat seal's a not realistic emough and a few clips..

- nanny great and natural - want more variation...

anyone ready to grumble?

hehe!

tongue

231 sounds
    129 posts

they were hanna barbera I think..

maybe sound ideas have some snippets up there that you can hear as low q mp3?
    or sound dogs?

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi grin

This is Tom. Fantastic source for sounds here !!

My problem : When I click on a sound sample I simply dont hear anything.

Soundcard etc works - can play sounds anywhere on the internet.

Any tips / helps are greatly appreciated !!

Thank you + regards [TOM]

258 sounds
    355 posts

does it say

save target

or are you saving as a picture?

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Is that mark furman?

4677 sounds
    376 posts

Try my "dragon" sampole pack, or my "animal' pack. There are cat sounds you can slow down, and some already made "dragon roars" that might work.

0 sounds
    1 post

i know this is a stupid question but i "have right clicked and saved" as it is says but can only get php files to save!! very frustrating, pleaassse help!! thanks in advance!!

121 sounds
    1545 posts

the easiest is to put images in flickr or picassa or another image site and link to the pictures...

the best way to push this to the top of the todo list is... smile
    uploading your sounds and pictures elsewhere so I can see how great it would be if we had this feature.

seriously though, this feature has been discussed before, and I would like to add it, but now is not the time.

- bram

62 sounds
    9 posts

Bram
    for now there is no solution for this...

sorry!

- bram

no problem, we shall wait then...
    i guess the best for now is to include a link to the original file in the description of the remixed

thanks anyway

Angel