Forums

0 sounds
    3 posts

I tried putting a few 'single claps' together but it sounded weak. Anyone have a sample of an audience doing a single clap?
    Thanx...

282 sounds
    15 posts

Oh, ok. I was mainly planning to record ambient sounds, so I guess I don't need an external mic after all.
    Thanks!
    However, at some point in the next year or so I may be traveling to Costa Rica and/or Panama, and I'll be in the rain forest for some of the time while I'm there. I was planning on making some binaural recordings of different rain forest ambiances. Would you have any recommendations on what binaural microphones would be best for this? I was thinking of the SP-TFB-2 binaural mics but wanted to see if anyone else had any other ideas.
    Thanks again!

0 sounds
    5 posts

Seriously driving me insane. On the radio station's Facebook page, someone left a comment that it could be something to do with a church pew? Sitting down/getting up off a church pew?

Clues:

dog - God spelled backwards
    steve carrell - 40 y/o virgin?
    skunk - famous skunk . .pepe le pew...
    hugh laurie - House .. house of god ?...
    elm st downtown - first presbyterian church ?
    cursing - holy S*&t
    mall in high point - oak hollow .. oak ..
    all together now - congregation
    salem college - is on church street
    moses cone - moses . .
    802 West Lee St. Greensboro - pugh metal . . PEW
    Day off - sunday

Only thing is the sound, to me, sounds nothing like a church pew. Wth? I'm thinking this is wrong....

2095 sounds
    1890 posts

Simulated underground lava here, ( made from chilli).

2095 sounds
    1890 posts

Losa
    Clue#17: All together now

Timbre
    When the weather is "NASTY" (wet) you cannot dry clothes outside, so you have to use, (all together now), a tumble dryer.

Cue Twilight Zone music.

55 sounds
    127 posts

Although it is nice to want to contribute to 'fill the gaps', I think the best thing you can do is record what you love to record and contribute that. I don't look at freesound as a library that needs to be filled with specific sounds but as a place I can upload the sounds that I enjoyed recording. I see that the coverage we get will be based on the diversity of the recordists themselves.

Cheers

David

55 sounds
    127 posts

You're still not real clear on what it is you want to record. Individual nature sounds, ambient nature sounds or both?

If you want to pick out individual sounds then a shotgun mic is what you are after. Rode make 3 - NTG-1, 2 and 3 (ranging up in price). I have the NTG-2 as it has it's own power. These are mono mic's of course. If you want stereo then the are some stereo Shotgun mics on the market.

If you want to record ambient nature sounds then the Zoom and Edirol themselves are all you need.

Cheers

David

7 sounds
    26 posts

drzoz
    <snip>I just need it to be light weight and not heavy...</snip>

Hi there,

Where do you want the mike next to the tapping or on the other side of the glass?
    I will do a load of different taps for you - I have a huge Glass window.

pj

527 sounds
    651 posts

Shure VP88 Cardioid Condenser Mid-Side Wired Stereo Microphone with Internal Matrix.

Phantom or 6v camera battery.

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/other/vp88-stereo-condenser-microphone

527 sounds
    651 posts

This thread might be of help :

http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4430&highlight=microphones

0 sounds
    1 post

All the clues now include:
    Clue#1: Ironman2
    Clue#2: Swiss Cheese
    Clue#3weirdteve Carell
    Clue#4: Skunk
    Clue#5grinog
    Clue#6weirdtained
    Clue#7:Magic
    Clue #8:Hugh Laurie
    Clue#9: Spaghetti
    Clue#10: Elm St.
    Downtown Greensboro
    Clue#11: Cursing
    Clue#12: Definitely will be heard by many this weekend
    Clue#13: 2 of the wrong guesses were very close.
    Clue#14: Clouds
    Clue#15: Chicken
    Clue#16: Mall in Highpoint
    Clue#17: All together now
    Clue#18: Salem College in Winston Salem
    Clue #19: Moses Cone Hospital
    Clue #20: 802 West Lee St. Greensboro

282 sounds
    15 posts

Hi,

I was wondering what microphones would work best for recording nature sounds.
    I have looked around on the net but most sites focus on recording individual bird sounds with a shotgun mic or a parabola. I do have a parabola but that really isn't good for soundscape recording though it's great for individual birds.
    Currently I have a zoom h2 and an edirol r-09hr and plan to use the edirol most of the time. What microphones could be used with the edirol to record nature sounds?

282 sounds
    15 posts

If you want single hit percussion sounds (bass drum hits/rolls, cymbal crashes, gong, etc) I might be able to record some, if you can wait a few days...they won't be in an orchestral setting though.

163 sounds
    71 posts

01497 brawling 2.wav is EXACTLY what I was after. Thank you!

1659 sounds
    110 posts

type "brawl" in search there's some, but i see this word is used by me, only or no one else record so stupid sounds smile

7 sounds
    10 posts

Also, if you are looking more to make IR's of equipment you could check out Image-Line's new Convolution plugin (I think its FLStudio 9.1 native only at the moment though, though should be able to save out the IR's from the FLS demo for use in other programmes).

13 sounds
    402 posts

Hi jobro,

ARTA http://www.fesb.hr/~mateljan/arta/index.htm is a set of programs designed to do exactly what you are asking using your computer sound card. ARTA is widely used in the Pro Audio business and is highly regarded. It's free-ware but will not save the results to Disc unless you register it for around 70 Euros, or 70 Pounds sterling.

Either way, the PDF manuals and documents on the "download" page, which are free, are an excellent source of information, covering both practice and theory in clear but precise detail. In fact a browse though the ARTA web site is an education in audio measurement and analysis.

Hope this what you are looking for,
    Wibby.

2001 sounds
    2152 posts

Just another note.
    I had a further think about which of my samples get downloaded the most.
    Although I would, at first thought, say that (some) of my percussion loops are quite popular... actually, some of my recorded sounds probably take the prize...

I recorded a door squeak and a camera servo that proved surprisingly popular, despite have been recorded with a home made piezo mic and a webmic.

So, anyone really interested in recording sounds but not having the expensive gear can still post some sounds that will be of enough quality and prove popular.

163 sounds
    71 posts

This is one I'm sure is *on* Freesound, I'm just not coming up with the right search keywords.

I'd like the scrape of something heavy being moved across a floor. NOT in a horror movie way, in a "let's move this dresser over here" way.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks so much.

0 sounds
    1 post

Hi

I'm looking for some tapping on a big glass pane...example: a big pane of glass, like an interoffice window, or maybe big solid glass wall.

1. I need the tapping to be thin and resonate, like caused from a metal pen, or from something thin, like a thin metal file/blade, or even a long thin women's finger nail. I just need it to be light weight and not heavy.

2. Also, I tempo should be about 120 BPM. 3-5 taps should be fine.

Thanks so much!

bp