Forums

13 sounds
    401 posts

I really doubt it. The whole thing is controlled by program code on the freesound web server. Besides, it's so easy to use the way it's currently integrated into freesound. The Freesound map also pulls up other geotagged sounds from it's data base that were recorded in your near location and presents them to you, so I guess they'd have to re-write a whole bunch of code to change it from google to OSM, even if that's possible to do.

I hope one of the Admin will correct me if anything I've said above is wrong. I'm only an ordinary Member here and guessing how the techy stuff works behind the scenes.

I've never used OSM (had to look it up on google) but when I checked just now the server was down, so I've still not seen what it has to offer.

0 sounds
    24 posts

Ambient nature is usually pretty quiet so you'll need to apply quite a lot of gain. Don't splash out on too expensive a mic without getting some better pre-amps first. Also, make sure you've got something to protect against rain-forrest humidity when you go out there. And have a wonderful time. I'd love to go to the rain-forrest. Capturing sounds there would be a dream!

0 sounds
    2 posts

Hi, first time using this so sorry if my descriptions seem vague or off.

I need a sample to play at the beginning of a segment on a podcast.

A male, mid-pitched voice (preferrably with an american accent) saying "The Turtlestomp Podcast. So nerdgasmic you'll shit pixels."

And then in a faster, deeper voice "Turtlestomp is not liable for any injuries or discomfort caused by the expulsion of said pixels. Results may vary."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

18 sounds
    455 posts

You could best look for a swoosh maybe and then eq it a bit, so to keep the higher frequencies. Or something like this: [link], take the first one, reverb it, envelope it so it loses some dynamic range, I think that can get you close.

0 sounds
    13 posts

is much aggressive... the flashback must be a sweet sound.

2094 sounds
    1889 posts

This has wind and backwards sound which accompanies flashbacks.

434 sounds
    231 posts

Fifa worldcup is active, and so is the vuvuzelas. Could anyone with portable equipment who spectates any of the matches live record the sound of these plastic trumpets. Heh even one recorded solo would be great.

0 sounds
    13 posts

Hey people!
    I need a soft Flashback sound for my short film... like a sweet sound, cloud sound, wind sound... i dont know how to explain that...
    Anyone can help me??
    Sorry about my poor english...
    cheers

58 sounds
    2 posts

Hey Freesounders,

I just released an album of swarm-generated music via bandcamp: http://evanxmerz.bandcamp.com

The album uses two freesound samples. It uses richtcello's cello samples, and jppi_Stu's bamboo wind chime samples. Both are properly credited (see the bottom of the bandcamp page).

Here's the tagline for the album:

Black Allegheny is a collection of pieces composed using swarm intelligence. Each piece in the album was assembled using custom software that tracks the motion of a virtual herd, and relates that information to pre-selected audio files. This software is called becoming, and it was born from an exploration of Cage's graph and gamut techniques. These techniques were expanded into the domain of digital audio, then swarm algorithms were added.

Here's an explanation in video form: http://computermusicblog.com/blog/2010/06/14/black-allegheny-swarm-generated-music/

Thanks for listening, and thanks for the great sounds!

2 sounds
    2 posts

Thank you for your kindness Strangely. I might try that on OSM. D'ye reckon that's possible?
    regards
    nog

2001 sounds
    2151 posts

David is very right.

I don't get tired of saying this, so I will say it again:
    Most people look at Freesound like a "library of sounds" to upload and download to and from... Behind the sounds, though, there is a living, breathing community of people who share the same interest as you: SOUND!

There is a lot to be gained by interacting with other users. The knowledge of some of these guys is imense.
    So when you have a question relating to sound, this is a great place to ask.

13 sounds
    401 posts

Hi pmnogue.

When you have uploaded the file and go to the page to tag and describe it you will see a "geotag" button. this will take you to google maps to zoom in and simply click on the location the sound was recorded. Alternately you can geotag in the same way any time later from the view sample page.

2094 sounds
    1889 posts

Group Laughter here and here (told to laugh so not very convincing).

This sounds more realistic.

55 sounds
    127 posts

Did you consider getting your 6 friends to do it 5-7 different times (slightly differently each time) then layer the 5-7 tracks......

Cheers

David

2 sounds
    12 posts

Does anyone have some samples of a small audience of teenagers? Maybe around 30 or 40? I tried getting a few friends to do it but only six showed up, and it really didn't sound good. The tracks are for a short sitcom I am making and they will be the canned laughter. Thanks for helping!

0 sounds
    24 posts

Actually, I've just messaged digifish, because Katy's "melisma 2" is already heavily featured in this track. I'm going to download your sample and try it out, but the singing style might be a little too soul/funk to work. Still, it's worth a try, I could probably come out with some unexpected and useful results if I give it a shot.

Thanks for the quick reply!

2094 sounds
    1889 posts

Parts of this may be of use, (or these).

0 sounds
    24 posts

I'm working on a remix of a video game tune for a project over at ocremix.org. I've been using vocal samples from here on freesound, chopping them up for pad FX, and pitching them up and down, but I was hoping for some more material from different vocalists. The samples probably won't be recognizable by the time I'm done with them, because I will probably reverse them, chop them up, and pitch them differently, like Burial does. I'm wondering if anyone can help out by recording some melisma/legato, non-lyrical phrases?

Here's a link to the current work in progress, which is pretty ambient:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xgmmzy0njyy

Here's a link to the original track:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D65TT5Ieb4M

I prefer female vocals, but I'm actually okay with male vocals too. If you'd like to sing in the same key as the song, even if it's an octave down, that would be pretty helpful. Also, let me know how you'd like to be credited on the track.

This isn't going to be for any kind of commercial use, just a fan remix for free download...

Thanks smile

2 sounds
    2 posts

Hi all, complete newbie here so pretty please, be gentle smile
    I am doing birdsong recordings on an iPhone using the memo app, and also recording some sounds on a camera at the same time. How can I geo tag my audio ?
    besties, and thanks in advance,
    nog

0 sounds
    94 posts

just use the search engine : http://www.freesound.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5229&highlight=private+ryan