Forums

7 posts

842 sounds
    73 posts
    Freesound website doesn´t load

Help!!! For a couple of weeks I´m not able to load the freesound website from my computer at home.
    The error message is s.th. like "running timeout".

I tried a couple of things, but no chance.

Has anybody had the same problem this year? Up to the end of last year everything worked fine.

:cry: I need help!

Inchadney

P.s.: At home I use Windows XP and a DSL connection. The provider hasne´t answered yet and all other websites work.

85 sounds
    73 posts

hmm this is very strange, indeed... have you tried using a proxy-server yet? Or if you are using a proxy-server, have you tried to surf through direct connection (if possible)? Have you tried accessing the site with another browser?

842 sounds
    73 posts

Well, I tried different browsers and they all don´t work. I wonder, if it has to do with the ending of the webaddress, because all the other sites seem to work.

Did anybody else had this problem?

Inchadney :cry:

121 sounds
    1545 posts

inchadney,

Try with a different computer on the same physical line (ask someone with a laptop do drop by). If that doesn't work it's a problem at your ISP.

If it works (i.e. other computer, same line, works), then maybe there's something severily with your host file. Do a google for "windows hostfile" or "mac hostfile", then clean out your host file.

If that doesn't solve it... Dunno... Reinstall your system or get a professional's help.
    I'm 100% sure it's not freesound's problem.

- bram

Warning: if you break the rules, see my avatar. Freesound Admin, Moderator, Ex-Freesound-Coder & Benevolent Dictator For Life.
    842 sounds
    73 posts

grin grin grin yes, yes, yes! The strange world of computers. Yesterday I had a information mail from freesound about the end of the competition with the link to the side....and :lol: it worked! Puh, I´m glad to be back and wonder what the reason was...maybe my provider?! Anyway time to post a few tracks and time to see hwat has happenend in the last few month (a lot by the look of things!)

Thanks for the advice!

Inchadney

0 sounds
    1 post

well i seem to be having the same problem right now and i registered like 40 minutes ago or something

forums work but i have no access to sounds and people page, let alone the files

EDIT: Hm works with Chrome.

167 sounds
    1516 posts

prince0gotham wrote:
    well i seem to be having the same problem right now and i registered like 40 minutes ago or something

forums work but i have no access to sounds and people page, let alone the files

EDIT: Hm works with Chrome.

What browser were you using when you encountered the problems?

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

7 posts