Forums

4 posts

1 sound
    14 posts
    freesound under maintenance error message STILL

I have to get on at a friend's house because my home computer STILL shows that freesound.org is still under maintenance!!! I CANNOT get onto freesound.org at home!!!

60 sounds
    697 posts

Reset the cache (delete it for this particular website).
    Most browsers will reset it if you hit ctrl+F5. Or you can always go to the options and delete cache from there.

1 sound
    14 posts

ok hitting ctrl+F5 worked (typing from home)... can someone explain why I needed to do this and what was wrong before I hit ctrl+F5???

60 sounds
    697 posts

justinrpg wrote:
    ok hitting ctrl+F5 worked (typing from home)... can someone explain why I needed to do this and what was wrong before I hit ctrl+F5???

Loading every page every single time you visit that page is a burden on multiple entities (host servers, your ISPs) etc.
    So what the browser does is try to save a snapshot of the page at a particular instance. That is your cache. When you reloaded the page, you got to see the same snapshot again. You just had to reset it (tell your browser to get the latest snapshot/what the page currently looks like, and remove the previous one).

4 posts