Forums

15 posts

2005 sounds
    2159 posts
    Dare 36 - Celebrating 10 years of Freesound !!! - Discussion thread

This thread is for questions and general discussion relating to Dare 36 "Celebrating 10 years of Freesound !!!"

For submissions please use the main thread.

I want to believe.
    67 sounds
    852 posts

This should be a good way to get back to freesound.
    I really like the rules, too.

2005 sounds
    2159 posts

afleetingspeck wrote:
    This should be a good way to get back to freesound.
    I really like the rules, too.

smile

I want to believe.
    328 sounds
    2761 posts

I might participate in this Dare for once. smile

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

19 sounds
    28 posts

Happy Birthday! This sounds cool, I want to get in on this!

Hello internet world..... more about me here; http://nickgart.weebly.com
    0 sounds
    7 posts

Hey guys,just curious has anyone posted any submissions in the competition main thread? Or i cant see them?

Cheers

2005 sounds
    2159 posts

BillyBoBBizWorth wrote:
    Hey guys,just curious has anyone posted any submissions in the competition main thread? Or i cant see them?

Cheers

Usually takes a couple of weeks at least for people to create their compositions and start posting.

I want to believe.
    114 sounds
    45 posts

AlienXXX wrote:
    BillyBoBBizWorth wrote:

Cheers

Usually takes a couple of weeks at least for people to create their compositions and start posting.

Check the main thread now.

2005 sounds
    2159 posts

This is more like it: 3 entries so far!
    And is bringing me to the 'old' days of the dares - some unexpected pieces. I never know what I am getting next.

Everyone else: there is still time to submit your entry!
    Don't be shy!

I want to believe.
    0 sounds
    24 posts

Though this is a tough time finding some spare time, I'll try participating in the dare, to honour freesound's anniversary. It's sometimes a bit frightening when you see there are 4 Million freesound users, and you can count a handful (maybe two) of people driving the community. So I guess I have to show my flag here smile. It's a good way to happiness, as music in general is.

https://www.ufxloops.com - Create. Play. Share. Music.
    328 sounds
    2761 posts

ufxloops wrote:
    Though this is a tough time finding some spare time, I'll try participating in the dare, to honour freesound's anniversary. It's sometimes a bit frightening when you see there are 4 Million freesound users, and you can count a handful (maybe two) of people driving the community. So I guess I have to show my flag here smile. It's a good way to happiness, as music in general is.

The majority of those 4 million are consumers, who just use the sounds.

I've thought in the past that the forums are unusually quiet, but I just put that down to our community busy making and recording sounds rather than typing text, which definitely isn't a bad thing. smile

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

8 sounds
    8 posts

I'm excited to see what else comes out. I have used this site for a year or two but am now trying to contribute sounds and all. Super helpful for practicing sound design! Wish I had been here earlier tongue

-------------------------- soundcloud.com/shorthouse
    8 sounds
    8 posts

Also, in terms of citing audio credits, do you recommend using a certain format to do so?

-------------------------- soundcloud.com/shorthouse
    19 sounds
    28 posts

Phew, 31st is the last day..... I still got time!

Hello internet world..... more about me here; http://nickgart.weebly.com
    2005 sounds
    2159 posts

TomchikRec wrote:
    Also, in terms of citing audio credits, do you recommend using a certain format to do so?

SOrry for the very late reply. I thought I was subscribed to this thread so I would automatically get notified of new posts... Looks like I was not.

Anyway, the best way to give credits is by posting the link to the sound itself on the description of your song in Soundcloud (or other similar website).

I want to believe.

15 posts