Forums

15 posts

60 sounds
    697 posts
    Dare 19 - Beatbox: a Battle - Composition Stage Discussions

Please post any discussions related to the composition stage of Dare 19 here.
    Use the Submissions Thread only for submissions.
    Thank you, and have fun with this challenge!

432 sounds
    344 posts

Great, the dare is on smile

Just one thing, according to the entry rules, there has to be two "layers". A beat layer, and a crowd "layer", but we can add an extra musical "layer" too, just as long as it's sampled from dare uploads?

Layer, track.... same same

432 sounds
    344 posts

Oh, just one more thing, i hope you join in anyway afleetingspeck. We can't use our own dare uploads anyway wink

60 sounds
    697 posts

Kyster wrote:
    Oh, just one more thing, i hope you join in anyway afleetingspeck. We can't use our own dare uploads anyway wink

haha, i will. and yes, in the music layer, any layer that is musical (rhythm, melody etc) are allowed. the eff-x layer need not be simply crowds, it could be other sounds, too, like some technical static etc. good luck with this one!

10 sounds
    1 post

Ehm, where do you find the rules and such for these "dares"? I'm pretty new and haven't figured that out jet. I'm grateful for any answers and maybe some further help as where to submit the "dare".

60 sounds
    697 posts

Aeonemi wrote:
    Ehm, where do you find the rules and such for these "dares"? I'm pretty new and haven't figured that out jet. I'm grateful for any answers and maybe some further help as where to submit the "dare".

Hey! Welcome to the dares. Always, always glad to have new people participating in the dares.
    Here are the rules including those for submission: http://www.freesound.org/forum/dare-the-community/33633/
    Good luck and enjoy!

60 sounds
    697 posts

How we doin' y'all?!

1439 sounds
    1567 posts

Hi Afleetingspeck

Trying to find the time to participate on this. Have a nice idea, just need a few evenings to be able to execute it - problem is evenings seem to be in short supply at the moment...

Would be good to hear from the people who have already started working on this dare.

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    432 sounds
    344 posts

AlienXXX wrote:
    Hi Afleetingspeck

Trying to find the time to participate on this. Have a nice idea, just need a few evenings to be able to execute it - problem is evenings seem to be in short supply at the moment...

Would be good to hear from the people who have already started working on this dare.

Sounds like you're living my life smile

I've done a few bookmarks, that's all...well and done a little planning and speculation on how it should sound, but that won't fire up the DAW.

60 sounds
    697 posts

Kyster wrote:
    AlienXXX wrote:
    Hi Afleetingspeck

I've done a few bookmarks, that's all...well and done a little planning and speculation on how it should sound, but that won't fire up the DAW.

Haha, I hope it's not lack of motivation that's disabling the firing up of the DAW. We've still got a while before the deadline, so I hope we can have some entries.

AlienXXX, likewise. But I know I'm gonna be less busy after tomorrow, so my entry should start shaping up this week.

432 sounds
    344 posts

afleetingspeck wrote:
    Kyster wrote:
    AlienXXX wrote:
    Hi Afleetingspeck

Haha, I hope it's not lack of motivation that's disabling the firing up of the DAW. We've still got a while before the deadline, so I hope we can have some entries.

AlienXXX, likewise. But I know I'm gonna be less busy after tomorrow, so my entry should start shaping up this week.

Nope it's not. It's lack of downloaded sounds..... but now i think about it, i'm probably the only one here, with integrated freesound.org search options in my daw. Cool and all, but there goes my excuse grin

I've better get cracking then!

60 sounds
    697 posts

No other entries, guys?
    About 7 more days remain! grin

143 sounds
    11 posts

afleetingspeck wrote:
    No other entries, guys?

I've made a start. I lost a week due to visitors from half way around the world, but there's still time yet!!
    smile

60 sounds
    697 posts

bigfriendlyjiant wrote:
    afleetingspeck wrote:
    No other entries, guys?

I've made a start. I lost a week due to visitors from half way around the world, but there's still time yet!!
    smile

I haven't made a start and was gonna give up on it, but I think I'll be able to get something done in the next week. Looking forward to your submission!

60 sounds
    697 posts

I have updated the post to reflect the points for the warmup stage. There are a few awards there as well. Be sure to check out the final totals: http://www.freesound.org/forum/dare-the-community/33571/?page=3#post67176

Cheers!

15 posts