Forums

7 posts

106 sounds
    39 posts
    Freesound no longer supporting flac.

Freesound seems to no longer be accepting new files with the flac extension. I get the error message Uploaded file format not supported or not an audio file. every time I try to upload flac. I even downloaded someone else' short file and tried uploading it as a test just in case something was wrong with my flac encoder, it also didn't go. I can still upload wavs successfully.

1708 sounds
    1050 posts

Had the same problem a few time already. sometimes it is ok sometime it is not (STILL). It's only the HTML upload. the Flash work fine on my side.

To hear, you first have to listen
    106 sounds
    39 posts

The flash version isn't screen reader accessible, so I can't use it at all. I also tried with IE with the HTML, it's no longer accessible at all with IE, when I try to upload I get what seems to be a blank page.

3322 sounds
    502 posts

I just uploaded three .flac samples with no problem

D

1991 sounds
    2140 posts

Freesound servers have been giving my time-out errors very frequently in the last 48h.
    I suspect it is a general problem and not to do with the flac file format.
    This has been reported to the admins already.

I want to believe.
    106 sounds
    39 posts

Well, it lets me upload wav, aif and mp3, but not flac. I didn't try ogg.

AlienXXX wrote:
    Freesound servers have been giving my time-out errors very frequently in the last 48h.
    I suspect it is a general problem and not to do with the flac file format.
    This has been reported to the admins already.

49 sounds
    83 posts

Hi kb7clx,

You're right, there was a bug preventing users of Safari and Firefox to upload .flac files. Might affect IE users too.
    We have now fixed the bug so you should now be able to upload flac files.
    Thanks for reporting!

Cheers

frederic
    the freesound team

7 posts