Forums

• previous
  • next
  •  |  22 posts

0 sounds
    4 posts
    Can't download

Hello, I just can't download any sounds. The download begins but after a couple seconds the speed of the download goes down to nothing and it just doesn't end. I don't know if this is a server problem or a problem on my end but i've tried both of my web browsers and they didn't work. This has been going on for a week now, don't know if you are aware. What can I do about this? Thanks :]

19 sounds
    37 posts

Hi Kafesism,

some other users also reported the same problem and we're currently looking at it. Sometimes it seems that after retrying the download goes fine, but that is not always the case. We will try to fix that as soon as possible!

Thank you for your understanding!

frederic
    the freesound team
    0 sounds
    4 posts

Yes, when I retry the download it downloads a bit more of the file but I have to keep retrying to download a 5mb file in 10 minutes. Thanks for replying, I hope it gets fixed :]

36 sounds
    62 posts

It has been quite challenging to find the problem, but we think it's probably fixed now. We would greatly appreciate feedback about this issue. Does anyone still get stalled downloads?

gerard

0 sounds
    4 posts

I believe it has been fixed indeed. Thank you for your work. I have downloaded a couple of files and it never bugged out so its cool. If it happens again I will give more feedback on this, thanks!

952 sounds
    858 posts

simple machines wrote:
    It has been quite challenging to find the problem, but we think it's probably fixed now. We would greatly appreciate feedback about this issue. Does anyone still get stalled downloads?

gerard

Hi Gerard,

I try to download a large file and the speed is now 25-30 kB/s (1.15 hour foe 116 MB (byte), 2% of my normal speed.

also when I try to scan sounds with the play-button the speed is the same.
    The user-problem is than that the next file will not start up as quickly as normal and users will leave your-our beautiful site frustrated.

ps no problems with my high-speed Internet.
    system windows 7, newest Opera, Firefox.
    country Holland

Thanks for helping

To hear, you first have to listen
    0 sounds
    1 post

i get stalled downloads...the one or two sounds that i managed to actually download were garbled and unusable. very frustrating

0 sounds
    4 posts

Yes I am having this problem once again... can't download sounds because they get suspended ( they stop after 1 or 2 mb gets downloaded)

952 sounds
    858 posts

Thanks tech-team for speeding up the system. It works fine again.

Thanks

To hear, you first have to listen
    0 sounds
    1 post

I am having the same problem. Downloads just hang half-way through. Very frustrating.

135 sounds
    369 posts

Freesound works with download accelerators, which means it supports "resume download" option if connection is broken.

http://planetaziemia.net - independent research on sound and consciousness
    http://conscious-sound.bandcamp.com - best sounds for extraordinary inner experiences
    0 sounds
    2 posts

My down load problem is, when I click on download, my downloading software says"link provided is invalid". The software is a download accelerator, but, its always worked in the past. Does anybody have any suggestions?

0 sounds
    1 post

I'm still getting stalls like earlier stated, seems the pause and resume method still works somewhat. But it really gets annoying with larger files. Hope this is still getting worked on.

0 sounds
    1 post

I'm having this problem today as well. 2 of the 3 files I tried to download failed after about 3MB, even on retry. The one small one I downloaded went fine.

0 sounds
    1 post

Getting the same problem as well. Sometime's the download will proceed quickly but half way though it brings up 'network error' and stops. Bah, I was hoping I could use the samples here for a mixing assignment.

0 sounds
    1 post

I have the same problem: the download starts but suddenly the speed starts to drop and the download never ends. Some times the download works thought, but normally this problem happens at least to me almost every time I try to download

0 sounds
    1 post

Same problem here. Some of my students are reporting it as well. One large file continually stalled for me using Safari but only stalled once using Firefox. http://freesound.org/people/kyles/sounds/51787/ Does the browser have anything to do with it?

0 sounds
    1 post

I haven't been able to download anything for a long while now no matter what I do.

0 sounds
    1 post

Having the same problem! unable to download any files.
    It starts out great, but after a couple of seconds the DL just slowsdown
    and finally says "network error"

0 sounds
    1 post

Felgik wrote:
    Having the same problem! unable to download any files.
    It starts out great, but after a couple of seconds the DL just slowsdown
    and finally says "network error"

• previous
  • next
  •  |  22 posts