Forums

6 posts

48 sounds
    665 posts
    A Combined Display for Spectro/Waveform

It'd be cool if we were able to toggle between the following three: waveform, spectrogram and a waveform+spectrogram (either top/bottom split or left/right split).
    Dunno how hard it may be to implement it.

EDIT: I think it'd also be cool to have the default to be changed to spectrograms for even the smaller widgets (like on the home page) so everytime I am logged in, I see no waveforms.

167 sounds
    1459 posts

afleetingspeck wrote:
    It'd be cool if we were able to toggle between the following three: waveform, spectrogram and a waveform+spectrogram (either top/bottom split or left/right split).
    Dunno how hard it may be to implement it.

EDIT: I think it'd also be cool to have the default to be changed to spectrograms for even the smaller widgets (like on the home page) so everytime I am logged in, I see no waveforms.

I agree completely, especially on the latter part. I've always preferred a spectogram, it tells me more about a sound than a waveform does.

I am the thing that goes bump in the night...

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
    48 sounds
    665 posts

Head-Phaze wrote:
    I agree completely, especially on the latter part. I've always preferred a spectogram, it tells me more about a sound than a waveform does.

Dude, completely! Spectrograms are not just beautiful, they are abundant in information. Never before has a technological thing attracted me so instantaneously.

167 sounds
    1459 posts

afleetingspeck wrote:
    Dude, completely! Spectrograms are not just beautiful, they are abundant in information. Never before has a technological thing attracted me so instantaneously.

Not only that, i'm trained to read a spectrogram to determine what exactly is inside an audio file.

It is a beautiful thing...

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯
    527 sounds
    651 posts

" I think it'd also be cool to have the default to be changed to spectrograms for even the smaller widgets (like on the home page) so everytime I am logged in, I see no waveforms."

I would like this option as well.

Edit
    Bram seems to agree, and he has root!

http://www.freesound.org/forum/bug-reports-errors-and-feature-requests/17191/

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    167 sounds
    1459 posts

Benboncan wrote:
    Edit
    Bram seems to agree, and he has root!

http://www.freesound.org/forum/bug-reports-errors-and-feature-requests/17191/

Great news!

╭─────────╮
    PLEASE VISIT
    ➤ Phazebook
    ➤ HeadCloud
    ╰─────────╯

6 posts