Forums

5 posts

12 sounds
    6 posts
    phantom message

HI,

I just got an email, telling me that I had a (private) message :::

Hello a59303,

You have received a new private message to your account on "The Freesound Project"
    and you have requested that you be notified on this event. You can view your new
    message by clicking on the following link:

http://www.freesound.org/forum/privmsg.php?folder=inbox

Remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing
    the appropriate setting in your profile.

so (surprised b/c I never get messages) I checked. When I logged in, the messages on the right (under donate) said 1 but when I went to my inbox there was none?

any ideas,

thanks

a5'

546 sounds
    351 posts

The reason for this will be that I deleted the user who sent the message.

A (certainly fraudulent) user, "mealdredbaby", sent any number of spam messages - a solicitation IM basically pretending to be looking for love or friendship
    but probably aimed at ultimately emptying peoples' bank accounts.

I too received a message from this person, whereupon I deleted their account and all their messages and posts.

If anyone else receives such IMs, please let me know and I'll wave my magic wand.

Over the last 2 months I have deleted over 50 spammer accounts, and over 350 spam posts.

Thanks

Mike
    (Moderator)

Freesound Moderator "Close your eyes, and you're almost there!"
    12 sounds
    6 posts

Woof

(completely unrelated to your [ yet entirely related ] lamb)

thats alot of spam.

thanks,

a5'

1326 sounds
    1487 posts

acclivity

Over the last 2 months I have deleted over 50 spammer accounts, and over 350 spam posts.

Thanks!
    (and much respect)
    Obviously keeping this place clean is much more work than I thought !

When I find a spam message I usually reply to it typing: "SPAM". Not sure if that helps you locate these messages, but they seem to disapear shortly after grin

hmmmm..... erm..... I forgot...
    63 sounds
    4 posts

I'm getting this problem also. An email stating Private Message(That's correct protocol)
    yet when I check my my FS page there is no or are no messages.

5 posts